Meaning of GLORY in Hindi
Meaning of glory in Hindi
- महिमा(Pr. Mahima mahimaa)
- वैभव(Pr. Vaibhav waibhaw)
- प्रताप(Pr. Pratap prataap)
- कीर्ति(Pr. Kirti keerti)
- बडाई(Pr. Badai badaaee)
- नामवरी(Pr. Namavari naamavaree namawari)
- गौरव(Pr. Gaurav gauraw)
- यश(Pr. Yash)
- श्री(Pr. Shri shree)
- स्तुति(Pr. Stuti)
- स्वर्ग(Pr. Svarg swarg)
- परमानंद(Pr. Paramanand)
- प्रशंसा(Pr. Prashansa prashansaa)
- बड़ाई(Pr. Badai badaaee)
- अप्रतिम सुन्दरता(Pr. Apratim sundarata apratim sundarataa)
- आनन्द(Pr. Aanand)
- परमेश्वर का गुणगान(Pr. Parameshvar ka gunagan parameshvar kaa gunagan parameshwar ka gunagan)
- प्रसन्न होना(Pr. Prasann hona prasann honaa)
- हुलसना(Pr. Hulasana hulasanaa)
- मग्न होना(Pr. Magn hona magn honaa)
- शेखी मारना(Pr. Shekhi marana shekhee maaranaa)
- खुशी होना(Pr. Khushi hona khushee honaa)
- परमानन्द लेना(Pr. Paramanand lena paramanand lenaa)
- महिमा गौरव(Pr. Mahima gaurav mahimaa gaurav mahima gauraw)
- स्वर्गप्रवेश चित्रण(Pr. Svargapravesh chitran swargaprawesh chitran)
Meaning of GLORY in English
- Praise, honor, admiration, or distinction, accorded by common consent to a person or thing; high reputation; honorable fame; renown.
- That quality in a person or thing which secures general praise or honor; that which brings or gives renown; an object of pride or boast; the occasion of praise; excellency; brilliancy; splendor.
- Pride; boastfulness; arrogance.
- The presence of the divine being; the manifestations of the divine nature and favor to the blessed in heaven; celestial honor; heaven.
- An emanation of light supposed to proceed from beings of peculiar sanctity. it is represented in art by rays of gold, or the like, proceeding from the head or body, or by a disk, or a mere line.
- To exult with joy; to rejoice.
- To boast; to be proud.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of GLORY, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word GLORY
"He was walking away from the sort of glory hufflepuff house hadn't had in centuries"
- The word/phrase 'glory' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the goblet of fire'.
"The desire of men's hearts has shed its glory over your youth"
- 'Rabindranath Tagore' has used the glory in the novel The gardener.
"The perfection of your arms would add glory to kingly splendour with their touch"
- To understand the meaning of glory, please see the following usage by Rabindranath Tagore in The gardener.
GLORY usage in Proverbs/Idioms
GLORY has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "GLORY": Examples from famous English Poetry
"By glory, in our hearts by grace"
- This term glory was used by Richard Crashaw in the Poem A hymn to the name and honour.
"Glory doth follow, courage goes before;"
- This term glory was used by Samuel Daniel in the Poem Beauty, time, and love.
"And to youth and the glory of youth"
- This term glory was used by James Elroy Flecker in the Poem Felo de se.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary