Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of GLORY, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word GLORY
"He was walking away from the sort of glory hufflepuff house hadn't had in centuries"
- The word/phrase 'glory' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the goblet of fire'.
"The desire of men's hearts has shed its glory over your youth"
- 'Rabindranath Tagore' has used the glory in the novel The gardener.
"The perfection of your arms would add glory to kingly splendour with their touch"
- To understand the meaning of glory, please see the following usage by Rabindranath Tagore in The gardener.
GLORY usage in Proverbs/Idioms
GLORY has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "GLORY": Examples from famous English Poetry
"By glory, in our hearts by grace"
- This term glory was used by Richard Crashaw in the Poem A hymn to the name and honour.
"Glory doth follow, courage goes before;"
- This term glory was used by Samuel Daniel in the Poem Beauty, time, and love.
"And to youth and the glory of youth"
- This term glory was used by James Elroy Flecker in the Poem Felo de se.