Meaning of GLIMPSE in Hindi
Meaning of glimpse in Hindi
- जल्दी से एक नज़र ड़ालना(Pr. jaldi se ek nazar dalana jaldee se ek nazar daalanaa zaldi se ek najar dalana)
- झलक(Pr. jhalak zhalak)
- झलक देखना(Pr. jhalak dekhana jhalak dekhanaa zhalak dekhana)
- झलक दिखाना(Pr. jhalak dikhana jhalak dikhanaa zhalak dikhana)
- झलक पाना(Pr. jhalak pana jhalak panaa zhalak pana)
- आभास(Pr. aabhas aabhaas)
- झाँकी(Pr. jhanki jhaankee zhanki)
Meaning of GLIMPSE in English
- A faint idea; an inkling.
- A sudden flash; transient luster.
- A short, hurried view; a transitory or fragmentary perception; a quick sight.
- to appear by glimpses; to catch glimpses.
- To catch a glimpse of; to see by glimpses; to have a short or hurried view of.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of GLIMPSE, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word GLIMPSE
"Harry caught a glimpse of Cho, the Ravenclaw Seeker, cheering Stewart Ackerley as he sat down."
- The word/phrase 'glimpse' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire'.
"As the boy passed, Harry caught glimpse of a prominent curved nose and thick black eyebrows."
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the glimpse in the novel Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire.
"Harry caught a glimpse of Cho through the crowd."
- To understand the meaning of glimpse, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire.
GLIMPSE has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "GLIMPSE": Examples from famous English Poetry
"A glimpse of thee, till that day come"
- This term glimpse was used by Henry King, Bishop of Chichester in the Poem Exequy on his Wife.
"Some gainless glimpse of Proserpine's veil'd head,"
- This term glimpse was used by Algernon Charles Swinburne in the Poem Ave atque Vale.
"Have we caught the least glimpse of a Snark!"
- This term glimpse was used by Lewis Carroll in the Poem The Hunting of the Snark.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें