Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of GLANCE, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word GLANCE
"Harry noticed him glance at the fire"
- The word/phrase 'glance' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone'.
"It was clear from a glance why it belonged in the restricted section"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the glance in the novel Harry potter and the chamber of secrets.
"The people hurrying by didn't glance at it"
- To understand the meaning of glance, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone.
GLANCE usage in Proverbs/Idioms
GLANCE has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "GLANCE": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Turn to the fire my fireless glance"
- This term glance was used by James Elroy Flecker in the Poem Gravis dulcis immutabilis.
"When i glance at your hair;"
- This term glance was used by Jason D. Megary in the Poem Love poem.
"Many a glance, too, has been sent"
- This term glance was used by Robert Herrick in the Poem Corinna's going a-maying.