Meaning of GLANCE in Hindi
Meaning of glance in Hindi
- दृष्टि(Pr. Drishti)
- दृष्टिपात(Pr. Drishtipat drishtipaat)
- दृष्टिक्षेप(Pr. Drishtikshep)
- सरसरी नजर(Pr. Sarasari najar sarasaree najar sarasari nazar)
- दृकपात(Pr. Drikapat drikapaat)
- किरण डालना(Pr. Kiran dalana kiran daalanaa)
- झलकना(Pr. Jhalakana jhalakanaa zhalakana)
- जगमगाना(Pr. Jagamagana jagamaganaa zagamagana)
- संकेत करना(Pr. Sanket karana sanket karanaa)
- चर्चा करना(Pr. Charcha karana charchaa karanaa)
- चमकना(Pr. Chamakana chamakanaa)
- नजर डालना(Pr. Najar dalana najar daalanaa nazar dalana)
- दृष्टि डालना(Pr. Drishti dalana drishti daalanaa)
- सरसरी नजर डालना(Pr. Sarasari najar dalana sarasaree najar daalanaa sarasari nazar dalana)
- ग्लांस करना(Pr. Glans karana glaans karanaa)
- झलक(Pr. Jhalak zhalak)
- सरसरी तौर देखना(Pr. Sarasari taur dekhana sarasaree taur dekhanaa)
Meaning of GLANCE in English
- A sudden flash of light or splendor.
- A quick cast of the eyes; a quick or a casual look; a swift survey; a glimpse.
- An incidental or passing thought or allusion.
- A name given to some sulphides, mostly dark-colored, which have a brilliant metallic luster, as the sulphide of copper, called copper glance.
- To shoot or emit a flash of light; to shine; to flash.
- To strike and fly off in an oblique direction; to dart aside. "your arrow hath glanced".
- To look with a sudden, rapid cast of the eye; to snatch a momentary or hasty view.
- To make an incidental or passing reflection; to allude; to hint;
- To move quickly, appearing and disappearing rapidly; to be visible only for an instant at a time; to move interruptedly; to twinkle.
- To shoot or dart suddenly or obliquely; to cast for a moment; as, to glance the eye.
- To hint at; to touch lightly or briefly.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of GLANCE, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word GLANCE
"Harry noticed him glance at the fire"
- The word/phrase 'glance' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone'.
"It was clear from a glance why it belonged in the restricted section"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the glance in the novel Harry potter and the chamber of secrets.
"The people hurrying by didn't glance at it"
- To understand the meaning of glance, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone.
GLANCE usage in Proverbs/Idioms
GLANCE has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "GLANCE": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Turn to the fire my fireless glance"
- This term glance was used by James Elroy Flecker in the Poem Gravis dulcis immutabilis.
"When i glance at your hair;"
- This term glance was used by Jason D. Megary in the Poem Love poem.
"Many a glance, too, has been sent"
- This term glance was used by Robert Herrick in the Poem Corinna's going a-maying.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary