Meaning of GLANCE in Hindi
Meaning of glance in Hindi
- सरसरी तौर देखना(Pr. sarasari taur dekhana sarasaree taur dekhanaa)
- नजर डालना(Pr. najar dalana najar daalanaa nazar dalana)
- सरसरी नजर(Pr. sarasari najar sarasaree najar sarasari nazar)
- जगमगाना(Pr. jagamagana jagamaganaa zagamagana)
- दृष्टिपात(Pr. drishtipat drishtipaat)
- चर्चा करना(Pr. charcha karana charchaa karanaa)
- संकेत करना(Pr. sanket karana sanket karanaa)
- दृष्टि(Pr. drishti)
- चमकना(Pr. chamakana chamakanaa)
- दृकपात(Pr. drikapat drikapaat)
- किरण डालना(Pr. kiran dalana kiran daalanaa)
- दृष्टि डालना(Pr. drishti dalana drishti daalanaa)
- सरसरी नजर डालना(Pr. sarasari najar dalana sarasaree najar daalanaa sarasari nazar dalana)
- झलक(Pr. jhalak zhalak)
- दृष्टिक्षेप(Pr. drishtikshep)
- ग्लांस करना(Pr. glans karana glaans karanaa)
- झलकना(Pr. jhalakana jhalakanaa zhalakana)
Meaning of GLANCE in English
- An incidental or passing thought or allusion.
- To make an incidental or passing reflection; to allude; to hint;
- To move quickly, appearing and disappearing rapidly; to be visible only for an instant at a time; to move interruptedly; to twinkle.
- To shoot or emit a flash of light; to shine; to flash.
- To shoot or dart suddenly or obliquely; to cast for a moment; as, to glance the eye.
- To hint at; to touch lightly or briefly.
- A quick cast of the eyes; a quick or a casual look; a swift survey; a glimpse.
- A name given to some sulphides, mostly dark-colored, which have a brilliant metallic luster, as the sulphide of copper, called copper glance.
- To strike and fly off in an oblique direction; to dart aside. "Your arrow hath glanced".
- A sudden flash of light or splendor.
- To look with a sudden, rapid cast of the eye; to snatch a momentary or hasty view.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of GLANCE, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word GLANCE
"Harry noticed him glance at the fire."
- The word/phrase 'glance' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone'.
"It was clear from a glance why it belonged in the Restricted Section."
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the glance in the novel Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets.
"The people hurrying by didn't glance at it."
- To understand the meaning of glance, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone.
GLANCE usage in Proverbs/Idioms
GLANCE has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "GLANCE": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Turn to the fire my fireless glance,"
- This term glance was used by James Elroy Flecker in the Poem Gravis Dulcis Immutabilis.
"When I Glance At Your Hair;"
- This term glance was used by Jason D. Megary in the Poem Love Poem.
"Many a glance, too, has been sent"
- This term glance was used by Robert Herrick in the Poem Corinna's going a-Maying.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें