Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of GLAD, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word GLAD
"Think he was quite glad ter get rid of it, ter be honest"
- The word/phrase 'glad' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone'.
"Harry was almost glad that the exams weren't far away"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the glad in the novel Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone.
"He was very glad they had hagrid and his crossbow with them"
- To understand the meaning of glad, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone.
GLAD has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "GLAD": Examples from famous English Poetry
"And glad that you are mine"
- This term glad was used by Crystal Jansen in the Poem Love poem.
"You've been always glad to be;"
- This term glad was used by Edgar A Guest in the Poem Friendship poem.
"And thou, glad genius! in whose gentle hand"
- This term glad was used by Edmund Spenser in the Poem Epithalamion.