Meaning of FURNITURE in Hindi
Meaning of furniture in Hindi
- फर्नीचर(Pr. Pharnichar pharneechar farnichar)
- माल(Pr. Mal maal)
- असबाब(Pr. Asabab asabaab)
- सामान(Pr. Saman saaman)
- सज्जा(Pr. Sajja sajjaa sazza)
- साज(Pr. Saj saaj saz)
- उपस्कर(Pr. Upaskar)
- लक्कड़(Pr. Lakkad)
- उपस्कार(Pr. Upaskar upaskaar)
- पट्टी(Pr. Patti pattee)
- गुटका(Pr. Gutaka gutakaa)
Meaning of FURNITURE in English
- That with which anything is furnished or supplied; supplies; outfit; equipment.
- Articles used for convenience or decoration in a house or apartment, as tables, chairs, bedsteads, sofas, carpets, curtains, pictures, vases, etc.
- The necessary appendages to anything, as to a machine, a carriage, a ship, etc.
- The masts and rigging of a ship.
- The mountings of a gun.
- Builders' hardware such as locks, door and window trimmings.
- Pieces of wood or metal of a lesser height than the type, placed around the pages or other matter in a form, and, with the quoins, serving to secure the form in its place in the chase.
- A mixed or compound stop in an organ;
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of FURNITURE, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word FURNITURE
"It was as shabby as the hallway and the furniture was old and mismatched"
- The word/phrase 'furniture' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the half blood prince'.
"The room’s usual furniture had been pushed carelessly up against the walls"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the furniture in the novel Harry potter and the deathly hallows.
"Our tussle, however, lacked the ox-stunning fisticuffs, the flying furniture"
- To understand the meaning of furniture, please see the following usage by Vladimir Nabokov in Lolita.
FURNITURE has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary