Meaning of FUNERAL in Hindi
Meaning of funeral in Hindi
- क्रिया कर्म सम्बन्धी(Pr. Kriya karm sambandhi kriyaa karm sambandhee)
- अंत्येष्टि संबंधी(Pr. Antyeshti sanbandhi antyeshti sanbandhee)
- अन्त्येष्टि(Pr. Antyeshti)
- क्रिया कर्म(Pr. Kriya karm kriyaa karm)
- शवदाह(Pr. Shavadah shawadah)
- मृतक क्रिया(Pr. Mritak kriya mritak kriyaa)
- शवयात्रा(Pr. Shavayatra shavayaatraa shawayatra)
- दफन(Pr. Daphan dafan)
- अन्तेष्टि(Pr. Anteshti)
- अन्तिम संस्कार(Pr. Antim sanskar antim sanskaar)
- कफन―दफन(Pr. Kaphana–daphan kafana–dafan)
- क्रियाकर्म(Pr. Kriyakarm kriyaakarm)
- छफन(Pr. Chhaphan chhafan)
- अंत्येष्टि(Pr. Antyeshti)
- अर्थी(Pr. Arthi arthee)
Meaning of FUNERAL in English
- The solemn rites used in the disposition of a dead human body, whether such disposition be by interment, burning, or otherwise; esp., the ceremony or solemnization of interment; obsequies; burial;
- The procession attending the burial of the dead; the show and accompaniments of an interment.
- A funeral sermon;
- Per. taining to a funeral; used at the interment of the dead; as, funeral rites, honors, or ceremonies.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of FUNERAL, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word FUNERAL
"At last, only the weasley twins were left singing along to a very slow funeral march"
- The word/phrase 'funeral' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone'.
"A quiet, private funeral"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the funeral in the novel Harry potter and the goblet of fire.
"He won-dered whether dumbledore's death would be more real to him once the funeral was over"
- To understand the meaning of funeral, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the half blood prince.
FUNERAL usage in Proverbs/Idioms
FUNERAL has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "FUNERAL": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Call unto his funeral dole"
- This term funeral was used by John Webster in the Poem A dirge.
"Cold it is, my beloved, since your funeral bell was toll'd"
- This term funeral was used by Christina Georgina Rossetti in the Poem Marvel of marvels.
"A mourning or a funeral;"
- This term funeral was used by William Wordsworth in the Poem Ode.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें