Meaning of FUNCTION in Hindi
Meaning of function in Hindi
- काम kam kaam
- धर्म dharm
- प्रकार prakar prakaar
- चाकरी chakari chaakaree
- कृत्य krity
- फलन phalan falan
- सामाजिक सम्मेलन samajik sammelan saamaajik sammelan samazik sammelan
- क्रिया kriya kriyaa
- कार्य निर्वाह करना kary nirvah karana kaary nirvah karanaa kary nirwah karana
- अधिकार adhikar adhikaar
- कार्य kary kaary
- अवच्छिन्न avachchhinn awachchhinn
- उत्सव utsav utsaw
- पदवी padavi padavee padawi
- प्रकार्य prakary prakaary
- समारोह samaroh samaaroh
- कार्य करना kary karana kaary karanaa
Meaning of FUNCTION in English
- The course of action which peculiarly pertains to any public officer in church or state; the activity appropriate to any business or profession.
- Alt. of Functionate
- The act of executing or performing any duty, office, or calling; per formance.
- The natural or assigned action of any power or faculty, as of the soul, or of the intellect; the exertion of an energy of some determinate kind.
- The appropriate action of any special organ or part of an animal or vegetable organism; as, the function of the heart or the limbs; the function of leaves, sap, roots, etc.; life is the sum of the functions of the various organs and parts of the body.
- A quantity so connected with another quantity, that if any alteration be made in the latter there will be a consequent alteration in the former. Each quantity is said to be a function of the other. Thus, the circumference of a circle is a function of the diameter. If x be a symbol to which different numerical values can be assigned, such expressions as x2, 3x, Log. x, and Sin. x, are all functions of x.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of FUNCTION, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word FUNCTION
"He will have to wait till this little function is over."
- The word/phrase 'function' was used by 'Rabindranath Tagore' in 'The King Of The Dark Chamber'.
"Kanchi, I cannot agree with you in your proposal to wait till this function is over."
- 'Rabindranath Tagore' has used the function in the novel The King Of The Dark Chamber.
"It is the function of religion not to destroy our nature but to fulfil it."
- To understand the meaning of function, please see the following usage by Rabindranath Tagore in Sadhana.
FUNCTION has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "FUNCTION": Examples from famous English Poetry
"The Form remains, the Function never dies;"
- This term function was used by William Wordsworth in the Poem Valedictory Sonnet to the River Duddon.
"Brain refuses to function with my heart creating mayhem."
- This term function was used by Srimathi Raman in the Poem Inadvertent Mess Am In To.. - Poem.
"Ensing well the beauty of its function."
- This term function was used by Copyright byNicholas
Gordon in the Poem Holidays Are Taken Best with Food.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें