Meaning of FOIL in Hindi
Meaning of foil in Hindi
- पर्णी parni parnee
- पन्नी panni pannee
- रोड़े अटकाना rode atakana rode atakanaa
- तलवार talavar talavaar talawar
- हराना harana haranaa
- पर्णिका parnika parnikaa
- धातु का महीन पत्तर dhatu ka mahin pattar dhaatu kaa maheen pattar
- असफलता asaphalata asaphalataa asafalata
- पर्ण parn
- पतली तलवार patali talavar patalee talavaar patali talawar
- हार har haar
- वृथा करना vritha karana vrithaa karanaa writha karana
- विफल कर देना viphal kar dena viphal kar denaa wifal kar dena
सपनों का अर्थ
Meaning of FOIL in English
- Failure of success when on the point of attainment; defeat; frustration; miscarriage.
- The track or trail of an animal.
- A leaf or very thin sheet of metal; as, brass foil; tin foil; gold foil.
- A thin leaf of sheet copper silvered and burnished, and afterwards coated with transparent colors mixed with isinglass;
- Anything that serves by contrast of color or quality to adorn or set off another thing to advantage.
- To tread under foot; to trample.
- To defile; to soil.
- A blunt weapon used in fencing, resembling a smallsword in the main, but usually lighter and having a button at the point.
- A thin coat of tin, with quicksilver, laid on the back of a looking-glass, to cause reflection.
- The space between the cusps in Gothic architecture; a rounded or leaflike ornament, in windows, niches, etc. A group of foils is called trefoil, quatrefoil, quinquefoil, etc., according to the number of arcs of which it is composed.
- To render (an effort or attempt) vain or nugatory; to baffle; to outwit; to balk; to frustrate; to defeat.
- To blunt; to dull; to spoil; as, to foil the scent in chase.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of FOIL, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word FOIL
"The crate upon which I sit contains 2,000 napoleons packed between layers of lead foil."
- The word/phrase 'foil' was used by 'Sir Arthur Conan Doyle' in 'The complete Sherlock Holmes'.
"Those dark, purple-faced people are an excellent foil."
- 'George Eliot' has used the foil in the novel Middlemarch.
FOIL has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "FOIL": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Nor in the glistering foil"
- This term foil was used by John Milton in the Poem Lycidas.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें