Meaning of FLOWER in Hindi
Meaning of flower in Hindi
- कली(Pr. kali kalee)
- श्रेष्ठ भाग(Pr. shreshth bhag shreshth bhaag)
- फूलना(Pr. phulana phoolanaa fulana)
- कलियांना(Pr. kaliyanna kaliyaannaa)
- फूलों का खिलना(Pr. phulon ka khilana phoolon kaa khilanaa fulon ka khilana)
- फूल(Pr. phul phool ful)
- खिलना(Pr. khilana khilanaa)
- सुमन(Pr. suman)
- पुष्प(Pr. pushp)
- पुष्पित होना(Pr. pushpit hona pushpit honaa)
Meaning of FLOWER in English
- That part of a plant destined to produce seed, and hence including one or both of the sexual organs; an organ or combination of the organs of reproduction, whether inclosed by a circle of foliar parts or not. A complete flower consists of two essential parts, the stamens and the pistil, and two floral envelopes, the corolla and callyx. In mosses the flowers consist of a few special leaves surrounding or subtending organs called archegonia. See Blossom, and Corolla.
- Grain pulverized; meal; flour.
- A figure of speech; an ornament of style.
- Menstrual discharges.
- To come into the finest or fairest condition.
- To come off as flowers by sublimation.
- In the popular sense, the bloom or blossom of a plant; the showy portion, usually of a different color, shape, and texture from the foliage.
- The fairest, freshest, and choicest part of anything; as, the flower of an army, or of a family; the state or time of freshness and bloom; as, the flower of life, that is, youth.
- A substance in the form of a powder, especially when condensed from sublimation; as, the flowers of sulphur.
- Ornamental type used chiefly for borders around pages, cards, etc.
- To blossom; to bloom; to expand the petals, as a plant; to produce flowers; as, this plant flowers in June.
- To froth; to ferment gently, as new beer.
- To embellish with flowers; to adorn with imitated flowers; as, flowered silk.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of FLOWER, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word FLOWER
"He was wearing a flower that resembled an oversized artichoke in his buttonhole."
- The word/phrase 'flower' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire'.
"Lily had picked up fallen flower from the bush behind which Snape lurked."
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the flower in the novel Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows.
"The flower sat there, opening and closing its petals, like some bizarre, many-lipped oyster."
- To understand the meaning of flower, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows.
FLOWER usage in Proverbs/Idioms
FLOWER has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "FLOWER": Examples from famous English Poetry
"You remind me of a flower,"
- This term flower was used by Jenny Yu in the Poem Friendship Poem.
"Adieu the flower of whole delite!"
- This term flower was used by Alexander Scott in the Poem A Bequest of His Heart.
"Yet sweeter far than is an earthly flower;"
- This term flower was used by Robert Greene in the Poem Fawnia.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें