Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of FLAT, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word FLAT
"It had short legs thick as tree trunks with flat, horny feet"
- The word/phrase 'flat' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone'.
"Harry knew perfectly well they'd just be disappointed that the whomping willow hadn't squashed him flat"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the flat in the novel Harry potter and the chamber of secrets.
"Smeltings' boys wore maroon tailcoats, orange knickerbockers, and flat straw hats called boaters"
- To understand the meaning of flat, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone.
FLAT usage in Proverbs/Idioms
FLAT has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "FLAT": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Were all we had to grace our flat"
- This term flat was used by James Elroy Flecker in the Poem The ballad of camden town.
"And made the flat araunian coasts"
- This term flat was used by James Elroy Flecker in the Poem The ballad of iskander.
"Each corse lay flat, lifeless and flat"
- This term flat was used by Samuel Taylor Coleridge in the Poem The rime of the ancient mariner.