Meaning of FIST in Hindi
Meaning of fist in Hindi
Meaning of FIST in English
- The hand with the fingers doubled into the palm; the closed hand, especially as clinched tightly for the purpose of striking a blow.
- The talons of a bird of prey.
- The index mark [/], used to direct special attention to the passage which follows.
- To strike with the fist.
- To gripe with the fist.
- Fund for improvement of s&t infrastructure in universities and higher educational institutes
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of FIST, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word FIST
"Malfoy was on all fours, banging the ground with his fist"
- The word/phrase 'fist' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the chamber of secrets'.
"There was a loud crack, and harry's fist was suddenly clenched on thin air"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the fist in the novel Harry potter and the chamber of secrets.
"Uncle vernon stopped, his fist still raised, his face an ugly puce"
- To understand the meaning of fist, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the prisoner of azkaban.
FIST has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "FIST": Examples from famous English Poetry
"And shook its little fist"
- This term fist was used by Thomas Babington Macaulay, Lord Macaulay in the Poem Horatius.
"With his fist, the heart of nahma"
- This term fist was used by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow in the Poem The song of hiawatha.
"Before i clenched my fist"
- This term fist was used by Sayali Bedekar Patil in the Poem The last thing.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary