Meaning of FILE in Hindi
Meaning of file in Hindi
- लेख्यपत्र(Pr. Lekhyapatr)
- मिसिल(Pr. Misil)
- तार की नत्थी(Pr. Tar ki natthi taar kee natthee)
- सूची(Pr. Suchi soochee)
- चिठ्ठी(Pr. Chiththi chiththee)
- सैन्य श्रेणी(Pr. Sainy shreni sainy shrenee)
- पंक्ति(Pr. Pankti)
- रेती(Pr. Reti retee)
- रंदा(Pr. Randa randaa)
- दस्तावेज(Pr. Dastavej dastaavej dastawez)
- फाइल(Pr. Phael phaael fael)
- संचिका(Pr. Sanchika sanchikaa)
- श्रेणीवद्ध या नत्थी करना(Pr. Shrenivaddh ya natthi karana shreneevaddh yaa natthee karanaa shreniwaddh ya natthi karana)
- मिसिल में शामिल करना(Pr. Misil men shamil karana misil men shaamil karanaa)
- सुधारना(Pr. Sudharana sudhaaranaa)
- दर्ज करना(Pr. Darj karana darj karanaa darz karana)
- सूचना दर्ज करना(Pr. Suchana darj karana soochanaa darj karanaa suchana darz karana)
- क्रम में रखना(Pr. Kram men rakhana kram men rakhanaa)
- चिकना करना(Pr. Chikana karana chikanaa karanaa)
- पंक्ति में बढ़ना(Pr. Pankti men badhana pankti men badhanaa)
- दायर करना(Pr. Dayar karana daayar karanaa)
- नत्थी(Pr. Natthi natthee)
- घिसना(Pr. Ghisana ghisanaa)
- प्रेषण(Pr. Preshan)
Meaning of FILE in English
- An orderly succession; a line; a row
- A row of soldiers ranged one behind another;
- An orderly collection of papers, arranged in sequence or classified for preservation and reference; as, files of letters or of newspapers; this mail brings english files to the 15th instant.
- The line, wire, or other contrivance, by which papers are put and kept in order.
- A roll or list.
- Course of thought; thread of narration.
- To set in order; to arrange, or lay away, esp. as papers in a methodical manner for preservation and reverence; to place on file; to insert in its proper place in an arranged body of papers.
- To bring before a court or legislative body by presenting proper papers in a regular way; as, to file a petition or bill.
- To put upon the files or among the records of a court; to note on (a paper) the fact date of its reception in court.
- To march in a file or line, as soldiers, not abreast, but one after another;
- A steel instrument, having cutting ridges or teeth, made by indentation with a chisel, used for abrading or smoothing other substances, as metals, wood, etc.
- Anything employed to smooth, polish, or rasp, literally or figuratively.
- A shrewd or artful person.
- To rub, smooth, or cut away, with a file; to sharpen with a file; as, to file a saw or a tooth.
- To smooth or polish as with a file.
- To make foul; to defile.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of FILE, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word FILE
"Harry could see them edging awkwardly along the tunnel in single file"
- The word/phrase 'file' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the prisoner of azkaban'.
"They had no choice but to file past her without another word"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the file in the novel Harry potter and the half blood prince.
"They walked slowly, in indian file, the crab shells crunching under their feet"
- To understand the meaning of file, please see the following usage by Mario Vargas Llosa in Who killed palomino molero.
FILE usage in Proverbs/Idioms
FILE has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "FILE": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Despite your denial time will tell what stays in your file"
- This term file was used by Christine Paluf in the Poem Terrell owen's suicide debacle.
"Each act of violence must file its brief"
- This term file was used by The
Marsh of Rhuddlan.Sequenced by in the Poem Victories require validation.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें