Meaning of FEE in Hindi
Meaning of fee in Hindi
- फीस(Pr. Phis phees fis)
- मेहनताना(Pr. Mehanatana mehanatanaa)
- इनाम(Pr. Enam enaam)
- पुरस्कार(Pr. Puraskar puraskaar)
- पट्टा(Pr. Patta pattaa)
- जागीर(Pr. Jagir jaageer zagir)
- शुल्क(Pr. Shulk)
- देय(Pr. Dey)
- दाय(Pr. Day daay)
- सम्पत्(Pr. Sampat)
- पारितोषिक देना(Pr. Paritoshik dena paaritoshik denaa)
- मेहनताना देना(Pr. Mehanatana dena mehanatanaa denaa)
- मजूरी देना(Pr. Majuri dena majooree denaa mazuri dena)
- किराये पर लेना(Pr. Kiraye par lena kiraaye par lenaa)
- पारिश्रमिक(Pr. Parishramik paarishramik)
Meaning of FEE in English
- Property; possession; tenure.
- Reward or compensation for services rendered or to be rendered; especially, payment for professional services, of optional amount, or fixed by custom or laws; charge; pay; perquisite; as, the fees of lawyers and physicians; the fees of office; clerk's fees; sheriff's fees; marriage fees, etc.
- A right to the use of a superior's land, as a stipend for services to be performed; also, the land so held; a fief.
- An estate of inheritance supposed to be held either mediately or immediately from the sovereign, and absolutely vested in the owner.
- An estate of inheritance belonging to the owner, and transmissible to his heirs, absolutely and simply, without condition attached to the tenure.
- To reward for services performed, or to be performed; to recompense; to hire or keep in hire; hence, to bribe.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of FEE, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word FEE
"O ferryman, you want your fee! yes, brother, i have still something left"
- The word/phrase 'fee' was used by 'Rabindranath Tagore' in 'The gardener'.
"Here is the fee for your visit, he said, his nostrils dilating"
- 'Anton Chekhov' has used the fee in the novel The stories of anton chekhov.
"I listen to their story, they listen to my comments, and then i pocket my fee"
- To understand the meaning of fee, please see the following usage by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle in The complete sherlock holmes.
FEE has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "FEE": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Once did she hold the gorgeous east in fee;"
- This term fee was used by William Wordsworth in the Poem On the extinction of the venetian republic, 1802.
"By ignorant demagogues is held in fee"
- This term fee was used by Oscar Wilde in the Poem To milton.
"Invisible to take the punch; and offer services for no fee"
- This term fee was used by Gaynor Borade in the Poem Poor god!.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary