Meaning of FEAST in Hindi
Meaning of feast in Hindi
- भोज(Pr. Bhoj bhoz)
- उत्सव(Pr. Utsav utsaw)
- दावत(Pr. Davat daavat dawat)
- त्योहार(Pr. Tyohar tyohaar)
- समारोह(Pr. Samaroh samaaroh)
- खाना(Pr. Khana khanaa)
- त्यौहार(Pr. Tyauhar tyauhaar)
- भोजन करना(Pr. Bhojan karana bhojan karanaa bhozan karana)
- भोज खाना(Pr. Bhoj khana bhoj khanaa bhoz khana)
- निहाल होना(Pr. Nihal hona nihaal honaa)
- दावत करना(Pr. Davat karana daavat karanaa dawat karana)
- भोज देना(Pr. Bhoj dena bhoj denaa bhoz dena)
- परब(Pr. Parab)
Meaning of FEAST in English
- A festival; a holiday; a solemn, or more commonly, a joyous, anniversary.
- A festive or joyous meal; a grand, ceremonious, or sumptuous entertainment, of which many guests partake; a banquet characterized by tempting variety and abundance of food.
- That which is partaken of, or shared in, with delight; something highly agreeable; entertainment.
- To eat sumptuously; to dine or sup on rich provisions, particularly in large companies, and on public festivals.
- To be highly gratified or delighted.
- To entertain with sumptuous provisions; to treat at the table bountifully; as, he was feasted by the king.
- To delight; to gratify; as, to feast the soul.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of FEAST, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word FEAST
"The feast appeared suddenly on the golden plates, as it had at the start-of-term banquet"
- The word/phrase 'feast' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone'.
"Students are finishing the feast in their houses"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the feast in the novel Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone.
"Listen, you've got to be up for the end-of-year feast tomorrow"
- To understand the meaning of feast, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone.
FEAST usage in Proverbs/Idioms
FEAST has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "FEAST": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Make feast therefore now all this live-long day;"
- This term feast was used by Edmund Spenser in the Poem Epithalamion.
"Seasoning the termless feast of our content"
- This term feast was used by Coventry Patmore in the Poem A farewell.
"Xi. hiawatha's wedding-feast"
- This term feast was used by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow in the Poem The song of hiawatha.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें