Meaning of FEAST in Hindi
Meaning of feast in Hindi
- त्योहार(Pr. tyohar tyohaar)
- निहाल होना(Pr. nihal hona nihaal honaa)
- भोज(Pr. bhoj bhoz)
- भोज देना(Pr. bhoj dena bhoj denaa bhoz dena)
- परब(Pr. parab)
- समारोह(Pr. samaroh samaaroh)
- भोजन करना(Pr. bhojan karana bhojan karanaa bhozan karana)
- दावत(Pr. davat daavat dawat)
- उत्सव(Pr. utsav utsaw)
- त्यौहार(Pr. tyauhar tyauhaar)
- खाना(Pr. khana khanaa)
- भोज खाना(Pr. bhoj khana bhoj khanaa bhoz khana)
- दावत करना(Pr. davat karana daavat karanaa dawat karana)
Meaning of FEAST in English
- A festive or joyous meal; a grand, ceremonious, or sumptuous entertainment, of which many guests partake; a banquet characterized by tempting variety and abundance of food.
- To be highly gratified or delighted.
- That which is partaken of, or shared in, with delight; something highly agreeable; entertainment.
- A festival; a holiday; a solemn, or more commonly, a joyous, anniversary.
- To entertain with sumptuous provisions; to treat at the table bountifully; as, he was feasted by the king.
- To eat sumptuously; to dine or sup on rich provisions, particularly in large companies, and on public festivals.
- To delight; to gratify; as, to feast the soul.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of FEAST, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word FEAST
"The feast appeared suddenly on the golden plates, as it had at the start-of-term banquet."
- The word/phrase 'feast' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone'.
"Students are finishing the feast in their houses."
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the feast in the novel Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone.
"Listen, you've got to be up for the end-of-year feast tomorrow."
- To understand the meaning of feast, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone.
FEAST usage in Proverbs/Idioms
FEAST has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "FEAST": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Make feast therefore now all this live-long day;"
- This term feast was used by Edmund Spenser in the Poem Epithalamion.
"Seasoning the termless feast of our content"
- This term feast was used by Coventry Patmore in the Poem A Farewell.
"XI. Hiawatha's Wedding-Feast"
- This term feast was used by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow in the Poem The Song of Hiawatha.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें