Meaning of FAMILIAR in Hindi
Meaning of familiar in Hindi
Meaning of FAMILIAR in English
- An intimate; a companion.
- Closely acquainted or intimate, as a friend or companion; well versed in, as any subject of study; as, familiar with the Scriptures.
- Of or pertaining to a family; domestic.
- Improperly acquainted; wrongly intimate.
- An attendant demon or evil spirit.
- Characterized by, or exhibiting, the manner of an intimate friend; not formal; unconstrained; easy; accessible.
- A confidential officer employed in the service of the tribunal, especially in apprehending and imprisoning the accused.
- Well known; well understood; common; frequent; as, a familiar illustration.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of FAMILIAR, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word FAMILIAR
"Harry saw a familiar, snow-white marble building in the distance - Gringotts Bank."
- The word/phrase 'familiar' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets'.
"He heard a familiar clicking noise nearby."
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the familiar in the novel Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets.
"There was something familiar about that voice."
- To understand the meaning of familiar, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets.
FAMILIAR has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "FAMILIAR": Examples from famous English Poetry
"The familiar smell of its smoke can bring a wistful smile,"
- This term familiar was used by Lori Naumann in the Poem Love Poem.
"Familiar matter of to-day?"
- This term familiar was used by William Wordsworth in the Poem The Reaper.
"But fill me with the old familiar Juice,"
- This term familiar was used by Edward Fitzgerald in the Poem The Rubáiyát of Omar Khayyám.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें