Meaning of EXPECTATION in Hindi
Meaning of expectation in Hindi
- चाह(Pr. Chah)
- आशा(Pr. Aasha aashaa)
- प्रतीक्षा(Pr. Pratiksha prateekshaa)
- अपेक्षा(Pr. Apeksha apekshaa)
- प्रत्याशा(Pr. Pratyasha pratyaashaa)
- उम्मीद(Pr. Ummid ummeed)
- आशंसा(Pr. Aashansa aashansaa)
- उम्मीद प्रत्याशंका(Pr. Ummid pratyashanka ummeed pratyaashankaa)
- प्रत्याशित(Pr. Pratyashit pratyaashit)
- सम्भावना(Pr. Sambhavana sambhaavanaa sambhawana)
Meaning of EXPECTATION in English
- The act or state of expecting or looking forward to an event as about to happen.
- That which is expected or looked for.
- The prospect of the future; grounds upon which something excellent is expected to happen; prospect of anything good to come, esp. of property or rank.
- The value of any chance (as the prospect of prize or property) which depends upon some contingent event. expectations are computed for or against the occurrence of the event.
- The leaving of the disease principally to the efforts of nature to effect a cure.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of EXPECTATION, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word EXPECTATION
"There was a dead hush of expectation"
- The word/phrase 'expectation' was used by 'Sir Arthur Conan Doyle' in 'The complete sherlock holmes'.
"They're off! they're starting! was heard on all sides after the hush of expectation"
- 'Leo Tolstoy' has used the expectation in the novel Anna karenina.
"It seemed as if an electric stream went through dorothea, thrilling her from despair into expectation"
- To understand the meaning of expectation, please see the following usage by George Eliot in Middlemarch.
Usage of "EXPECTATION": Examples from famous English Poetry
"In princes court, and expectation vayne"
- This term expectation was used by Edmund Spenser in the Poem Prothalamion.
"Expectation too, be off!"
- This term expectation was used by Percy Bysshe Shelley in the Poem The invitation.
- This term expectation was used by Erbarm mich dich, O Herre Gott.By Heinrich Bach. Sequenced by David Cooke in the Poem Fear is the first cause of hesitation.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें