Meaning of ENVIOUS in Hindi
Meaning of envious in Hindi
Meaning of ENVIOUS in English
- Malignant; mischievous; spiteful.
- Feeling or exhibiting envy; actuated or directed by, or proceeding from, envy;
- Inspiring envy.
- Excessively careful; cautious.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of ENVIOUS, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word ENVIOUS
"And with her love I cannot feel envious ofSerpuhovskoy."
- The word/phrase 'envious' was used by 'Leo Tolstoy' in 'Anna Karenina'.
"And, ashamed as he was of the feeling, he felt envious."
- 'Leo Tolstoy' has used the envious in the novel Anna Karenina.
"I believe you're envious."
- To understand the meaning of envious, please see the following usage by Leo Tolstoy in Anna Karenina.
Usage of "ENVIOUS": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Where envious arts professèd be,"
- This term envious was used by Ben Jonson in the Poem A Farewell to the World.
"They the envious Little People,"
- This term envious was used by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow in the Poem The Song of Hiawatha.
"Earth, let not thy envious shade"
- This term envious was used by Ben Jonson in the Poem Hymn to Diana.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें