Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of ENVIOUS, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word ENVIOUS
"And with her love i cannot feel envious ofserpuhovskoy"
- The word/phrase 'envious' was used by 'Leo Tolstoy' in 'Anna karenina'.
"And, ashamed as he was of the feeling, he felt envious"
- 'Leo Tolstoy' has used the envious in the novel Anna karenina.
"I believe you're envious"
- To understand the meaning of envious, please see the following usage by Leo Tolstoy in Anna karenina.
Usage of "ENVIOUS": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Where envious arts professèd be"
- This term envious was used by Ben Jonson in the Poem A farewell to the world.
"They the envious little people"
- This term envious was used by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow in the Poem The song of hiawatha.
"Earth, let not thy envious shade"
- This term envious was used by Ben Jonson in the Poem Hymn to diana.