Meaning of ENGINE in Hindi
Meaning of engine in Hindi
Meaning of ENGINE in English
- (pronounced, in this sense, ////.) natural capacity; ability; skill.
- Anything used to effect a purpose; any device or contrivance; an agent.
- Any instrument by which any effect is produced; especially, an instrument or machine of war or torture.
- A compound machine by which any physical power is applied to produce a given physical effect.
- To assault with an engine.
- To equip with an engine;
- (pronounced, in this sense, /////.) to rack; to torture.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of ENGINE, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word ENGINE
"A scarlet steam engine was waiting next to a platform packed with people"
- The word/phrase 'engine' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone'.
"There was a loud clunk, a splutter, and the engine died com pletely"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the engine in the novel Harry potter and the chamber of secrets.
"The floor began to vibrate as the engine roared into life"
- To understand the meaning of engine, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the half blood prince.
ENGINE has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "ENGINE": Examples from famous English Poetry
"But that two-handed engine at the door"
- This term engine was used by John Milton in the Poem Lycidas.
"When suddenly a train rushed by: the brazen dome of the engine flashed"
- This term engine was used by James Elroy Flecker in the Poem Oxford canal.
"An engine pants and hums"
- This term engine was used by Robert Bridges in the Poem Winter nightfall.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary