Meaning of ELEVATION in Hindi
Meaning of elevation in Hindi
Meaning of ELEVATION in English
- The act of raising from a lower place, condition, or quality to a higher;
- Condition of being elevated; height; exaltation.
- That which is raised up or elevated; an elevated place or station; as, an elevation of the ground; a hill.
- The distance of a celestial object above the horizon, or the arc of a vertical circle intercepted between it and the horizon; altitude; as, the elevation of the pole, or of a star.
- The angle which the style makes with the substylar line.
- The movement of the axis of a piece in a vertical plane; also, the angle of elevation, that is, the angle between the axis of the piece and the line o/ sight;
- A geometrical projection of a building, or other object, on a plane perpendicular to the horizon; orthographic projection on a vertical plane;
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of ELEVATION, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word ELEVATION
"Vronsky felt his elevation and his own abasement, his truth and his own falsehood"
- The word/phrase 'elevation' was used by 'Leo Tolstoy' in 'Anna karenina'.
"In front of the disposition of tuchkov's troops, there was an elevation"
- 'Leo Tolstoy' has used the elevation in the novel War and peace.
"This elevation was not occupied by troops"
- To understand the meaning of elevation, please see the following usage by Leo Tolstoy in War and peace.
ELEVATION has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary