Meaning of EFFORT in Hindi
Meaning of effort in Hindi
Meaning of EFFORT in English
- An exertion of strength or power, whether physical or mental, in performing an act or aiming at an object; more or less strenuous endeavor; struggle directed to the accomplishment of an object; as, an effort to scale a wall.
- A force acting on a body in the direction of its motion.
- To stimulate.
- Deliberate exertion of physical or mental power.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of EFFORT, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word EFFORT
"She obviously makes more of an effort if you're not family"
- The word/phrase 'effort' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone'.
"Anger was coursing through him, and it was an effort to keep his voice steady"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the effort in the novel Harry potter and the chamber of secrets.
"Ron peered into harry's teacup, his forehead wrinkled with effort"
- To understand the meaning of effort, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the prisoner of azkaban.
EFFORT usage in Proverbs/Idioms
EFFORT has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "EFFORT": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Made an effort to wink with one eye"
- This term effort was used by Lewis Carroll in the Poem The hunting of the snark.
"All that effort wasted"
- This term effort was used by Emily Lynch in the Poem Too - poem.
"And with each last effort so meak"
- This term effort was used by Sarrah Hanna in the Poem Sew your melody into my sleep - poem.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें