Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of DUE, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word DUE
"Due north, said ron, checking the compass on the dashboard"
- The word/phrase 'due' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the chamber of secrets'.
"Mail's due any minute - i think gran's sending a few things i forgot"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the due in the novel Harry potter and the chamber of secrets.
"This was not because the diet was at last taking effect, but due to fright"
- To understand the meaning of due, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the goblet of fire.
DUE usage in Proverbs/Idioms
DUE has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "DUE": Examples from famous English Poetry
"To me no thanks are due"
- This term due was used by James Elroy Flecker in the Poem A miracle of bethlehem.
"‘the next with dirges due in sad array"
- This term due was used by Thomas Gray in the Poem Elegy written in a country churchyard.
"Much to the man is due"
- This term due was used by Andrew Marvell in the Poem An horatian ode upon cromwell's return from ireland.