Meaning of DUBIOUS in Hindi
Meaning of dubious in Hindi
Meaning of DUBIOUS in English
- Doubtful or not settled in opinion; being in doubt; wavering or fluctuating; undetermined.
- Occasioning doubt; not clear, or obvious; equivocal; questionable; doubtful; as, a dubious answer.
- Of uncertain event or issue; as, in dubious battle.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of DUBIOUS, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word DUBIOUS
"With a dubious glance at the inspector’s notebook, he plunged at once into his extraordinary statement"
- The word/phrase 'dubious' was used by 'Sir Arthur Conan Doyle' in 'The complete sherlock holmes'.
"In fact, the world is full of hopeful analogies and handsome dubious eggs called possibilities"
- 'George Eliot' has used the dubious in the novel Middlemarch.
DUBIOUS usage in Proverbs/Idioms
DUBIOUS has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary