Meaning of DOUBLE in Hindi
Meaning of double in Hindi
- दुगना(Pr. Dugana duganaa)
- दो दो(Pr. Do do)
- दो रंगा(Pr. Do ranga do rangaa)
- छली(Pr. Chhali chhalee)
- द्वि(Pr. Dvi dwi)
- दुगुनी(Pr. Duguni dugunee)
- दो लोगों अथवा चीजों के लिए बनाया गया(Pr. Do logon athava chijon ke lie banaya gaya do logon athavaa cheejon ke lie banaayaa gayaa do logon athawa chizon ke lie banaya gaya)
- दोहरा(Pr. Dohara doharaa)
- धोखेबाज(Pr. Dhokhebaj dhokhebaaj dhokhebaz)
- युग्म(Pr. Yugm)
- डबल(Pr. Dabal)
- प्रतिरुप(Pr. Pratirup)
- दो बार(Pr. Do bar do baar)
- दुगुना(Pr. Duguna dugunaa)
- दो भागों में(Pr. Do bhagon men do bhaagon men)
- प्रतिरूप(Pr. Pratirup pratiroop)
- छल(Pr. Chhal)
- दुगुनी मात्रा में(Pr. Duguni matra men dugunee maatraa men)
- दुहरी जीत(Pr. Duhari jit duharee jeet duhari zit)
- डबल्स(Pr. Dabals)
- डमी(Pr. Dami damee)
- दो बार शराब(Pr. Do bar sharab do baar sharaab)
- स्थानापन्न अभिनेत्री(Pr. Sthanapann abhinetri sthanaapann abhinetree)
- दूना करना(Pr. Duna karana doonaa karanaa)
- दुहरा करना(Pr. Duhara karana duharaa karanaa)
- एक भाग को दूसरे पर मोडना(Pr. Ek bhag ko dusare par modana ek bhaag ko doosare par modanaa)
- दुगुना करना(Pr. Duguna karana dugunaa karanaa)
- दुगुना होना(Pr. Duguna hona dugunaa honaa)
- दुगुना जितना(Pr. Duguna jitana dugunaa jitanaa duguna zitana)
- दुगुना बनाना(Pr. Duguna banana dugunaa bananaa)
- दुगुना हो जाना(Pr. Duguna ho jana dugunaa ho janaa duguna ho zana)
- दुगुनी करना(Pr. Duguni karana dugunee karanaa)
- दुगुनी हो जाना(Pr. Duguni ho jana dugunee ho janaa duguni ho zana)
- दोहरा करना(Pr. Dohara karana doharaa karanaa)
- जोर से दौड़ना(Pr. Jor se daudana jor se daudanaa zor se daudana)
- दुगना करना(Pr. Dugana karana duganaa karanaa)
- एक भाग को दूसरे पर मोड़ना(Pr. Ek bhag ko dusare par modana ek bhaag ko doosare par modanaa)
- डबल मार्च करना(Pr. Dabal march karana dabal maarch karanaa)
- डबल होना(Pr. Dabal hona dabal honaa)
Meaning of DOUBLE in English
- Twofold; multiplied by two; increased by its equivalent; made twice as large or as much, etc.
- Being in pairs; presenting two of a kind, or two in a set together; coupled.
- Divided into two; acting two parts, one openly and the other secretly; equivocal; deceitful; insincere.
- Having the petals in a flower considerably increased beyond the natural number, usually as the result of cultivation and the expense of the stamens, or stamens and pistils. the white water lily and some other plants have their blossoms naturally double.
- Twice; doubly.
- To increase by adding an equal number, quantity, length, value, or the like; multiply by two; to double a sum of money; to double a number, or length.
- To make of two thicknesses or folds by turning or bending together in the middle; to fold one part upon another part of; as, to double the leaf of a book, and the like; to clinch, as the fist;
- To be the double of; to exceed by twofold; to contain or be worth twice as much as.
- To pass around or by; to march or sail round, so as to reverse the direction of motion.
- To unite, as ranks or files, so as to form one from each two.
- To be increased to twice the sum, number, quantity, length, or value; to increase or grow to twice as much.
- To return upon one's track; to turn and go back over the same ground, or in an opposite direction.
- To play tricks; to use sleights; to play false.
- To set up a word or words a second time by mistake; to make a doublet.
- Twice as much; twice the number, sum, quantity, length, value, and the like.
- Among compositors, a doublet (see doublet, 2.); among pressmen, a sheet that is twice pulled, and blurred.
- That which is doubled over or together; a doubling; a plait; a fold.
- A turn or circuit in running to escape pursues; hence, a trick; a shift; an artifice.
- Something precisely equal or counterpart to another; a counterpart. hence, a wraith.
- A player or singer who prepares to take the part of another player in his absence; a substitute.
- Double beer; strong beer.
- A feast in which the antiphon is doubled, hat is, said twice, before and after the psalms, instead of only half being said, as in simple feasts.
- A game between two pairs of players; as, a first prize for doubles.
- An old term for a variation, as in bach's suites.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of DOUBLE, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word DOUBLE
"Double potions with the slytherins, said ron"
- The word/phrase 'double' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone'.
"Neville was bent double, wheezing and spluttering"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the double in the novel Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone.
"Harry took his and saw that they had double herbology with the hufepuffs first"
- To understand the meaning of double, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the chamber of secrets.
DOUBLE usage in Proverbs/Idioms
DOUBLE has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "DOUBLE": Examples from famous English Poetry
"You spotted snakes with double tongue"
- This term double was used by William Shakespeare in the Poem Fairy land.
"Bent double, like old beggars under sacks"
- This term double was used by Wilfred Owen in the Poem Dulce et decorum est.
"Of orient pearl a double row"
- This term double was used by Thomas Campion in the Poem Cherry-ripe.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें