Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of DOUBLE, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word DOUBLE
"Double potions with the slytherins, said ron"
- The word/phrase 'double' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone'.
"Neville was bent double, wheezing and spluttering"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the double in the novel Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone.
"Harry took his and saw that they had double herbology with the hufepuffs first"
- To understand the meaning of double, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the chamber of secrets.
DOUBLE usage in Proverbs/Idioms
DOUBLE has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "DOUBLE": Examples from famous English Poetry
"You spotted snakes with double tongue"
- This term double was used by William Shakespeare in the Poem Fairy land.
"Bent double, like old beggars under sacks"
- This term double was used by Wilfred Owen in the Poem Dulce et decorum est.
"Of orient pearl a double row"
- This term double was used by Thomas Campion in the Poem Cherry-ripe.