Meaning of DOUBLE in Hindi
Meaning of double in Hindi
- दुगुनी duguni dugunee
- दोहरा dohara doharaa
- युग्म yugm
- स्थानापन्न अभिनेत्री sthanapann abhinetri sthanaapann abhinetree
- दुगना करना dugana karana duganaa karanaa
- दुगुना जितना duguna jitana dugunaa jitanaa duguna zitana
- दुहरा करना duhara karana duharaa karanaa
- दुगना dugana duganaa
- द्वि dvi dwi
- दो बार do bar do baar
- प्रतिरुप pratirup
- डबल्स dabals
- डमी dami damee
- दुहरी जीत duhari jit duharee jeet duhari zit
- आना aana anaa
- एक भाग को दूसरे पर मोड़ना ek bhag ko dusare par modana ek bhaag ko doosare par modanaa
- डबल होना dabal hona dabal honaa
- दुगुनी करना duguni karana dugunee karanaa
- दूना करना duna karana doonaa karanaa
- दोहरा हो जाना dohara ho jana doharaa ho janaa dohara ho zana
- दूना duna doonaa
- अनुबद्ध अलंकरण anubaddh alankaran
- दो लोगों अथवा चीजों के लिए बनाया गया do logon athava chijon ke lie banaya gaya do logon athavaa cheejon ke lie banaayaa gayaa do logon athawa chizon ke lie banaya gaya
- धोखेबाज dhokhebaj dhokhebaaj dhokhebaz
- छल chhal
- दो बार शराब do bar sharab do baar sharaab
- जोर से दौड़ना jor se daudana jor se daudanaa zor se daudana
- दुगुना करना duguna karana dugunaa karanaa
- दुगुना होना duguna hona dugunaa honaa
- छली chhali chhalee
- डबल dabal
- दुगुना duguna dugunaa
- दो दो do do
- दो रंगा do ranga do rangaa
- दो भागों में do bhagon men do bhaagon men
- दुगुनी मात्रा में duguni matra men dugunee maatraa men
- प्रतिरूप pratirup pratiroop
- एक भाग को दूसरे पर मोडना ek bhag ko dusare par modana ek bhaag ko doosare par modanaa
- डबल मार्च करना dabal march karana dabal maarch karanaa
सपनों का अर्थ
Meaning of DOUBLE in English
- To play tricks; to use sleights; to play false.
- To set up a word or words a second time by mistake; to make a doublet.
- Twice as much; twice the number, sum, quantity, length, value, and the like.
- That which is doubled over or together; a doubling; a plait; a fold.
- A player or singer who prepares to take the part of another player in his absence; a substitute.
- A feast in which the antiphon is doubled, hat is, said twice, before and after the Psalms, instead of only half being said, as in simple feasts.
- To make of two thicknesses or folds by turning or bending together in the middle; to fold one part upon another part of; as, to double the leaf of a book, and the like; to clinch, as the fist;
- To pass around or by; to march or sail round, so as to reverse the direction of motion.
- Being in pairs; presenting two of a kind, or two in a set together; coupled.
- Having the petals in a flower considerably increased beyond the natural number, usually as the result of cultivation and the expense of the stamens, or stamens and pistils. The white water lily and some other plants have their blossoms naturally double.
- Divided into two; acting two parts, one openly and the other secretly; equivocal; deceitful; insincere.
- To be the double of; to exceed by twofold; to contain or be worth twice as much as.
- To return upon one's track; to turn and go back over the same ground, or in an opposite direction.
- Double beer; strong beer.
- To increase by adding an equal number, quantity, length, value, or the like; multiply by two; to double a sum of money; to double a number, or length.
- To unite, as ranks or files, so as to form one from each two.
- To be increased to twice the sum, number, quantity, length, or value; to increase or grow to twice as much.
- Twofold; multiplied by two; increased by its equivalent; made twice as large or as much, etc.
- Twice; doubly.
- Among compositors, a doublet (see Doublet, 2.); among pressmen, a sheet that is twice pulled, and blurred.
- A turn or circuit in running to escape pursues; hence, a trick; a shift; an artifice.
- Something precisely equal or counterpart to another; a counterpart. Hence, a wraith.
- A game between two pairs of players; as, a first prize for doubles.
- An old term for a variation, as in Bach's Suites.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of DOUBLE, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word DOUBLE
"Double Potions with the Slytherins, said Ron."
- The word/phrase 'double' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone'.
"Neville was bent double, wheezing and spluttering."
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the double in the novel Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone.
"Harry took his and saw that they had double Herbology with the Hufepuffs first."
- To understand the meaning of double, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets.
DOUBLE usage in Proverbs/Idioms
DOUBLE has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "DOUBLE": Examples from famous English Poetry
"YOU spotted snakes with double tongue,"
- This term double was used by William Shakespeare in the Poem Fairy Land.
"Bent double, like old beggars under sacks,"
- This term double was used by Wilfred Owen in the Poem Dulce et Decorum est.
"Of orient pearl a double row,"
- This term double was used by Thomas Campion in the Poem Cherry-Ripe.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें