Meaning of DON in Hindi
Meaning of don in Hindi
Meaning of DON in English
- A grand personage, or one making pretension to consequence; especially, the head of a college, or one of the fellows at the English universities.
- Sir; Mr; Signior;
- To put on; to dress in; to invest one's self with.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of DON, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word DON
"An' don' ask me questions just now, I think I'm gonna be sick."
- The word/phrase 'don' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone'.
"Don' mention it, said Hagrid gruffly."
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the don in the novel Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone.
"Don' expect you've had a lotta presents from them Dursleys."
- To understand the meaning of don, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone.
DON has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "DON": Examples from famous English Poetry
"I don?t ever want to lose this moment"
- This term don was used by Stephen Piekuta in the Poem Love Poem.
"Now I don?t know who I am without you,"
- This term don was used by Tracey Newson in the Poem Love Poem.
"The night Don Juan came to pay his fees"
- This term don was used by James Elroy Flecker in the Poem Don Juan in Hell.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें