Meaning of DISTINCT in Hindi
Meaning of distinct in Hindi
Meaning of DISTINCT in English
- Separate in place; not conjunct; not united by growth or otherwise;
- Distinguished; having the difference marked; separated by a visible sign; marked out; specified.
- So separated as not to be confounded with any other thing; not liable to be misunderstood; not confused; well-defined; clear; as, we have a distinct or indistinct view of a prospect.
- To distinguish.
- Marked; variegated.
- Not identical; different; individual.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of DISTINCT, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word DISTINCT
"There's one - the Cruciatus Curse, said Neville in a small but distinct voice."
- The word/phrase 'distinct' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire'.
"Harry had the distinct impression that she could smell him."
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the distinct in the novel Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire.
"The foggy shapes in the Foe-Glass were sharpening, had become more distinct."
- To understand the meaning of distinct, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire.
DISTINCT has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "DISTINCT": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Do you see the great telegraph poles down in the water, how every wire is distinct?"
- This term distinct was used by James Elroy Flecker in the Poem Oxford Canal.
"Listening to the distant sounds I can no longer distinct from one or the other."
- This term distinct was used by Bryan Anderson in the Poem Fear Poem of Rejection.
"The distinct feature of a Cinquain is that the first line consists of 1 word,"
- This term distinct was used by Madhura P in the Poem Types of Poems - All the Different Types of Poems.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें