Meaning of DIGNITY in Hindi
Meaning of dignity in Hindi
Meaning of DIGNITY in English
- The state of being worthy or honorable; elevation of mind or character; true worth; excellence.
- Elevated rank; honorable station; high office, political or ecclesiastical; degree of excellence; preferment; exaltation.
- Quality suited to inspire respect or reverence; loftiness and grace; impressiveness; stateliness;
- Fundamental principle; axiom; maxim.
- Elevation; grandeur.
- One holding high rank; a dignitary.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of DIGNITY, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word DIGNITY
"Hermione, if you can ask 0111 McLaggen — There's a difference, said Hermione with dignity."
- The word/phrase 'dignity' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince'.
"Dispose of your dead with dignity."
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the dignity in the novel Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows.
"That's quite all right,' said Hermione with dignity."
- To understand the meaning of dignity, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix Book.
DIGNITY usage in Proverbs/Idioms
DIGNITY has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "DIGNITY": Examples from famous English Poetry
"For beauty, wit, and matchless dignity,"
- This term dignity was used by Robert Greene in the Poem Samela.
"The basest weed outbraves his dignity:"
- This term dignity was used by William Shakespeare in the Poem Sonnet xi.
"And let the ghost of our love die with dignity."
- This term dignity was used by Harry Boslem in the Poem Ghost Of Our Love - Poem.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें