Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of DIFFERENCE, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word DIFFERENCE
"He might have died and you wouldn't know the difference, said ron in disgust"
- The word/phrase 'difference' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone'.
"But it makes no difference"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the difference in the novel Harry potter and the chamber of secrets.
"It didn't make any difference, said harry bitterly"
- To understand the meaning of difference, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the prisoner of azkaban.
DIFFERENCE usage in Proverbs/Idioms
DIFFERENCE has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "DIFFERENCE": Examples from famous English Poetry
"One smile that makes a difference"
- This term difference was used by John Ragland in the Poem Love poem.
"For difference crowns the brow"
- This term difference was used by Sir John Suckling in the Poem A doubt of martyrdom.
"The difference to me!"
- This term difference was used by William Wordsworth in the Poem Lucy.