Meaning of DIFFERENCE in Hindi
Meaning of difference in Hindi
- भेद(Pr. Bhed)
- मतिभेद(Pr. Matibhed)
- भिन्नता(Pr. Bhinnata bhinnataa)
- असादृश्य(Pr. Asadrishy asaadrishy)
- असमानता(Pr. Asamanata asamanataa)
- अंतर(Pr. Antar)
- विरोध(Pr. Virodh wirodh)
- शेष(Pr. Shesh)
- अन्तर(Pr. Antar)
- असहमति(Pr. Asahamati)
- फ़र्क(Pr. Fark phark)
- बाक़ी(Pr. Baqi baaqee baki)
- भेदभाव(Pr. Bhedabhav bhedabhaav bhedabhaw)
- मतभेद(Pr. Matabhed)
- विवाह(Pr. Vivah wiwah)
- झगड़ा(Pr. Jhagada jhagadaa zhagada)
- विवाद(Pr. Vivad vivaad wiwad)
- फर्क(Pr. Phark fark)
Meaning of DIFFERENCE in English
- The act of differing; the state or measure of being different or unlike; distinction; dissimilarity; unlikeness; variation; as, a difference of quality in paper; a difference in degrees of heat, or of light; what is the difference between the innocent and the guilty
- Disagreement in opinion; dissension; controversy; quarrel; hence, cause of dissension; matter in controversy.
- That by which one thing differs from another; that which distinguishes or causes to differ; mark of distinction; characteristic quality; specific attribute.
- Choice; preference.
- An addition to a coat of arms to distinguish the bearings of two persons, which would otherwise be the same. see augmentation, and marks of cadency, under cadency.
- The quality or attribute which is added to those of the genus to constitute a species; a differentia.
- The quantity by which one quantity differs from another, or the remainder left after subtracting the one from the other.
- To cause to differ; to make different; to mark as different; to distinguish.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of DIFFERENCE, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word DIFFERENCE
"He might have died and you wouldn't know the difference, said ron in disgust"
- The word/phrase 'difference' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone'.
"But it makes no difference"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the difference in the novel Harry potter and the chamber of secrets.
"It didn't make any difference, said harry bitterly"
- To understand the meaning of difference, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the prisoner of azkaban.
DIFFERENCE usage in Proverbs/Idioms
DIFFERENCE has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "DIFFERENCE": Examples from famous English Poetry
"One smile that makes a difference"
- This term difference was used by John Ragland in the Poem Love poem.
"For difference crowns the brow"
- This term difference was used by Sir John Suckling in the Poem A doubt of martyrdom.
"The difference to me!"
- This term difference was used by William Wordsworth in the Poem Lucy.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें