Meaning of DICTIONARY in Hindi
Meaning of dictionary in Hindi
सपनों का अर्थ
Meaning of DICTIONARY in English
- A book containing the words of a language, arranged alphabetically, with explanations of their meanings; a lexicon; a vocabulary; a wordbook.
- Hence, a book containing the words belonging to any system or province of knowledge, arranged alphabetically; as, a dictionary of medicine or of botany; a biographical dictionary.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of DICTIONARY, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word DICTIONARY
"The dictionary is, I fear, inadmissible for the same reason."
- The word/phrase 'dictionary' was used by 'Sir Arthur Conan Doyle' in 'The complete Sherlock Holmes'.
DICTIONARY has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "DICTIONARY": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Look for its meaning in the dictionary."
- This term dictionary was used by Deepa Kartha in the Poem Easy Poems to Memorize.
"The most hurtfully words in the dictionary,"
- This term dictionary was used by Stacey Rogers in the Poem Why? - Poem.
"With a dictionary transcript,"
- This term dictionary was used by Harry Boslem in the Poem Gobbledygook! - Poem.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें