Meaning of DEVOUR in Hindi
Meaning of devour in Hindi
- नष्ट करना nasht karana nasht karanaa
- भकोसना bhakosana bhakosanaa
- हडप करना hadap karana hadap karanaa
- चाव से पढ़ना chav se padhana chaav se padhanaa chaw se padhana
- निगलना nigalana nigalanaa
- शौक से पढ़ना shauk se padhana shauk se padhanaa
- खा जाना kha jana khaa janaa kha zana
- निगल जाना nigal jana nigal janaa nigal zana
- पढ़ना या सुनना padhana ya sunana padhanaa yaa sunanaa
- भक्षण करना bhakshan karana bhakshan karanaa
- हड़प करना hadap karana hadap karanaa
- चाव से देखना chav se dekhana chaav se dekhanaa chaw se dekhana
- निमग्न करना nimagn karana nimagn karanaa
- समाप्त करना samapt karana samaapt karanaa
- मग्न होना magn hona magn honaa
सपनों का अर्थ
Meaning of DEVOUR in English
- To seize upon and destroy or appropriate greedily, selfishly, or wantonly; to consume; to swallow up; to use up; to waste; to annihilate.
- To enjoy with avidity; to appropriate or take in eagerly by the senses.
- To eat up with greediness; to consume ravenously; to feast upon like a wild beast or a glutton; to prey upon.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of DEVOUR, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word DEVOUR
"Around them, snarling and jumping, was a pack of dogs, waiting to devour the waste."
- The word/phrase 'devour' was used by 'Mario Vargas Llosa' in 'Who Killed Palomino Molero'.
"A Siberian cat, that rats and mice may not devour my goods."
- 'Anton Chekhov' has used the devour in the novel The Stories of Anton Chekhov.
DEVOUR usage in Proverbs/Idioms
Usage of "DEVOUR": Examples from famous English Poetry
"This crumbling pageant shall devour,"
- This term devour was used by John Dryden in the Poem A Song for St. Cecilia's Day, 1687.
"Which wrinkles will devour;"
- This term devour was used by Thomas Nashe in the Poem In Time of Pestilence.
"He has done petuously devour"
- This term devour was used by William Dunbar in the Poem Lament for the Makers.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें