Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of DECLINE, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word DECLINE
"Mungo's hospital for magical maladies and injuries decline comment"
- The word/phrase 'decline' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the goblet of fire'.
"Pa thought i had a decline and took me to half the doctors in ’frisco"
- 'Sir Arthur Conan Doyle' has used the decline in the novel The complete sherlock holmes.
"I shall decline to know you"
- To understand the meaning of decline, please see the following usage by George Eliot in Middlemarch.
DECLINE has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "DECLINE": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Partakers of thy sad decline"
- This term decline was used by William Cowper in the Poem My mary.
"And he feared he must really decline, for his part"
- This term decline was used by Lewis Carroll in the Poem The hunting of the snark.
"I bleed from my heart as i watch the decline"
- This term decline was used by Harry Boslem in the Poem Golden child - poem.