Meaning of DECLINE in Hindi
Meaning of decline in Hindi
- घटती(Pr. Ghatati ghatatee)
- झुकना(Pr. jhuknaa)
- उतार(Pr. Utar utaar)
- कमी(Pr. Kami kamee)
- पतन(Pr. Patan)
- गिरावट(Pr. Giravat giraavat girawat)
- नकारना(Pr. Nakarana nakaaranaa)
- क्षय(Pr. Kshay)
- अवनति(Pr. Avanati awanati)
- ह्रास(Pr. Hras hraas)
- इंकार करना(Pr. Enkar karana enkaar karanaa)
- अस्तगमन(Pr. Astagaman)
- अस्वीकार करना(Pr. Asvikar karana asveekaar karanaa aswikar karana)
- न मानना(Pr. N manana na mananaa)
- बचना(Pr. Bachana bachanaa)
- पद साधना(Pr. Pad sadhana pad saadhanaa)
- रूप साधना(Pr. Rup sadhana roop saadhanaa)
- झुकना(Pr. Jhukana jhukanaa zhukana)
- ढलना(Pr. Dhalana dhalanaa)
- नष्ट होना(Pr. Nasht hona nasht honaa)
- पतन होना(Pr. Patan hona patan honaa)
- घटना(Pr. Ghatana ghatanaa)
- इनकार करना(Pr. Enakar karana enakaar karanaa)
- गिरना(Pr. Girana giranaa)
- कम होना(Pr. Kam hona kam honaa)
- और बिगड़ जाना(Pr. Aur bigad jana aur bigad janaa aur bigad zana)
- इन्कार करना(Pr. Enkar karana enkaar karanaa)
Meaning of DECLINE in English
- To bend, or lean downward; to take a downward direction; to bend over or hang down, as from weakness, weariness, despondency, etc.; to condescend.
- To tend or draw towards a close, decay, or extinction; to tend to a less perfect state; to become diminished or impaired; to fail; to sink; to diminish; to lessen; as, the day declines; virtue declines; religion declines; business declines.
- To turn or bend aside; to deviate; to stray; to withdraw; as, a line that declines from straightness; conduct that declines from sound morals.
- To turn away; to shun; to refuse;
- To bend downward; to bring down; to depress; to cause to bend, or fall.
- To cause to decrease or diminish.
- To put or turn aside; to turn off or away from; to refuse to undertake or comply with; reject; to shun; to avoid; as, to decline an offer; to decline a contest; he declined any participation with them.
- To inflect, or rehearse in order the changes of grammatical form of; as, to decline a noun or an adjective.
- To run through from first to last; to repeat like a schoolboy declining a noun.
- A falling off; a tendency to a worse state; diminution or decay; deterioration; also, the period when a thing is tending toward extinction or a less perfect state; as, the decline of life; the decline of strength; the decline of virtue and religion.
- That period of a disorder or paroxysm when the symptoms begin to abate in violence; as, the decline of a fever.
- A gradual sinking and wasting away of the physical faculties; any wasting disease, esp. pulmonary consumption; as, to die of a decline.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of DECLINE, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word DECLINE
"Mungo's hospital for magical maladies and injuries decline comment"
- The word/phrase 'decline' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the goblet of fire'.
"Pa thought i had a decline and took me to half the doctors in ’frisco"
- 'Sir Arthur Conan Doyle' has used the decline in the novel The complete sherlock holmes.
"I shall decline to know you"
- To understand the meaning of decline, please see the following usage by George Eliot in Middlemarch.
DECLINE has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "DECLINE": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Partakers of thy sad decline"
- This term decline was used by William Cowper in the Poem My mary.
"And he feared he must really decline, for his part"
- This term decline was used by Lewis Carroll in the Poem The hunting of the snark.
"I bleed from my heart as i watch the decline"
- This term decline was used by Harry Boslem in the Poem Golden child - poem.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary