Meaning of DEAF in Hindi
Meaning of deaf in Hindi
Meaning of DEAF in English
- Wanting the sense of hearing, either wholly or in part; unable to perceive sounds; hard of hearing; as, a deaf man.
- Unwilling to hear or listen; determinedly inattentive; regardless; not to be persuaded as to facts, argument, or exhortation;
- Deprived of the power of hearing; deafened.
- Obscurely heard; stifled; deadened.
- Decayed; tasteless; dead; as, a deaf nut; deaf corn.
- To deafen.
- Unable to hear.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of DEAF, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word DEAF
"Thinking that the wizard might be deaf, harry raised his voice"
- The word/phrase 'deaf' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the chamber of secrets'.
"I have gone temporarily deaf and haven't any idea what you said"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the deaf in the novel Harry potter and the goblet of fire.
"I’m not deaf, the whole of hogsmeade heard him"
- To understand the meaning of deaf, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the deathly hallows.
DEAF usage in Proverbs/Idioms
DEAF has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "DEAF": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Deaf the praised ear, and mute the tuneful tongue"
- This term deaf was used by Alexander Pope in the Poem Elegy to the memory of an unfortunate lady.
"Drunk with fatigue; deaf even to the hoots"
- This term deaf was used by Wilfred Owen in the Poem Dulce et decorum est.
"Still the foil'd earnest ear is deaf, and blind"
- This term deaf was used by Algernon Charles Swinburne in the Poem Ave atque vale.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary