Meaning of DAMPEN in Hindi
Meaning of dampen in Hindi
Meaning of DAMPEN in English
- To make damp or moist; to make slightly wet.
- To depress; to check; to make dull; to lessen.
- To become damp; to deaden.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of DAMPEN, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word DAMPEN
"Even the endless rain that had replaced the snow couldn't dampen his spirits"
- The word/phrase 'dampen' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone'.
"Yet this mist, hot and rife with gnats, did not dampen his spirits"
- 'Toni Morrison' has used the dampen in the novel A mercy.
DAMPEN usage in Proverbs/Idioms
DAMPEN has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "DAMPEN": Examples from famous English Poetry
"With sorrow they dampen"
- This term dampen was used by Manali Oak in the Poem Eyes - poem.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary