Meaning of DAME in Hindi
Meaning of dame in Hindi
Meaning of DAME in English
- A mistress of a family, who is a lady; a woman in authority; especially, a lady.
- The mistress of a family in common life, or the mistress of a common school; as, a dame's school.
- A woman in general, esp. an elderly woman.
- A mother;
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of DAME, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word DAME
"La bonne dame d’en face m’en offre plus que je n’en peux savourer"
- The word/phrase 'dame' was used by 'Vladimir Nabokov' in 'Lolita'.
"To monsieur belot of notre-dame"
- 'Gustave Flaubert' has used the dame in the novel Madame bovary.
DAME has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "DAME": Examples from famous English Poetry
"That warble forth dame nature's lays"
- This term dame was used by Sir Henry Wotton in the Poem Elizabeth of bohemia.
"For the fair, disdainful dame"
- This term dame was used by John Dryden in the Poem A song for st. cecilia's day, 1687.
"Let dame elisa thanke you for her song"
- This term dame was used by Edmund Spenser in the Poem A ditty.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें