Meaning of CUSTOM in Hindi
Meaning of custom in Hindi
- रीति(Pr. Riti reeti)
- व्यवहार(Pr. Vyavahar vyavahaar wyawahar)
- रस्म(Pr. Rasm)
- रिवाज(Pr. Rivaj rivaaj riwaz)
- चाल(Pr. Chal chaal)
- दस्तूर(Pr. Dastur dastoor)
- कर(Pr. Kar)
- आयात पर लगाया हुआ शुल्क(Pr. Aayat par lagaya hu shulk aayaat par lagaayaa huaa shulk)
- चुंगी(Pr. Chungi chungee)
- प्रथा(Pr. Pratha prathaa)
- सीम(Pr. शुल्क - Sima-shulk seemaa-shulk)
- रीत(Pr. रिवाज - Riti-rivaj reeti-rivaaj riti-riwaz)
- रुढ़ि(Pr. Rudhi)
- दर्ज़ी से सिली हुई(Pr. Darzi se sili hui darzee se silee huee darji se sili hui)
- अभ्यास(Pr. Abhyas abhyaas)
- आदत(Pr. Aadat)
- आयात कर(Pr. Aayat kar aayaat kar)
- व्यापार(Pr. Vyapar vyaapaar wyapar)
- सीमा शुल्क(Pr. Sima shulk seemaa shulk)
Meaning of CUSTOM in English
- Frequent repetition of the same act; way of acting common to many; ordinary manner; habitual practice; usage; method of doing or living.
- Habitual buying of goods; practice of frequenting, as a shop, manufactory, etc., for making purchases or giving orders; business support.
- Long-established practice, considered as unwritten law, and resting for authority on long consent; usage. see usage, and prescription.
- Familiar aquaintance; familiarity.
- To make familiar; to accustom.
- To supply with customers.
- To have a custom.
- The customary toll, tax, or tribute.
- Duties or tolls imposed by law on commodities, imported or exported.
- To pay the customs of.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of CUSTOM, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word CUSTOM
"That was always the custom"
- The word/phrase 'custom' was used by 'Anton Chekhov' in 'The stories of anton chekhov'.
"The evidence of the barrymores shows that this had been his custom"
- 'Sir Arthur Conan Doyle' has used the custom in the novel The complete sherlock holmes.
"Why did you nurse her so long it's our custom; for three fasts"
- To understand the meaning of custom, please see the following usage by Leo Tolstoy in Anna karenina.
CUSTOM has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "CUSTOM": Examples from famous English Poetry
"And custom lie upon thee with a weight"
- This term custom was used by William Wordsworth in the Poem Ode.
"That 's out of custom bred"
- This term custom was used by Samuel Daniel in the Poem Ulysses and the siren.
"Arrested in perceiving what our shame isso long as custom clings and faith beguiles"
- This term custom was used by Down by the in the Poem Here among the savages.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary