Meaning of CROOKED in Hindi
Meaning of crooked in Hindi
Meaning of CROOKED in English
- Of crook
- Characterized by a crook or curve; not straight; turning; bent; twisted; deformed.
- Not straightforward; deviating from rectitude; distorted from the right.
- False; dishonest; fraudulent; as, crooked dealings.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of CROOKED, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word CROOKED
"The tip of dumbledore's long, crooked nose was barely an inch from mrs. norris's fur"
- The word/phrase 'crooked' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the chamber of secrets'.
"Right, you've got a crooked sort of cross"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the crooked in the novel Harry potter and the prisoner of azkaban.
"Dumbledore made a small noise of dissent through his long, crooked nose"
- To understand the meaning of crooked, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the goblet of fire.
Usage of "CROOKED": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Divides the crooked rock-held fig"
- This term crooked was used by Walter Savage Landor in the Poem Alciphron and leucippe.
"For crooked age and hoary hairs"
- This term crooked was used by George Gascoigne in the Poem A lover's lullaby.
"And crooked shapes of terror crouched"
- This term crooked was used by Oscar Wilde in the Poem The ballad of reading gaol.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary