Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of CRICKET, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word CRICKET
"There was gatsby, looking a little, not much, younger with a cricket bat in his hand"
- The word/phrase 'cricket' was used by 'F. Scott Fitzgerald' in 'The great gatsby'.
"In his hand he held a blue cricket-cap with a white chevron on the peak"
- 'Sir Arthur Conan Doyle' has used the cricket in the novel The complete sherlock holmes.
"As if celebrating a victory over everyone, a cricket chirped in a crack"
- To understand the meaning of cricket, please see the following usage by Leo Tolstoy in War and peace.
CRICKET has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "CRICKET": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Drew his arms back, like a cricket"
- This term cricket was used by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow in the Poem The song of hiawatha.
"Save the cricket on the hearth"
- This term cricket was used by John Milton in the Poem Il penseroso.
"Like a cricket, sit i"
- This term cricket was used by Edward Fitzgerald in the Poem Old song.