Meaning of CRICKET in Hindi
Meaning of cricket in Hindi
Meaning of CRICKET in English
- An orthopterous insect of the genus gryllus, and allied genera. the males make chirping, musical notes by rubbing together the basal parts of the veins of the front wings.
- A low stool.
- A game much played in england, and sometimes in america, with a ball, bats, and wickets, the players being arranged in two contesting parties or sides.
- A small false roof, or the raising of a portion of a roof, so as to throw off water from behind an obstacle, such as a chimney.
- To play at cricket.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of CRICKET, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word CRICKET
"There was gatsby, looking a little, not much, younger with a cricket bat in his hand"
- The word/phrase 'cricket' was used by 'F. Scott Fitzgerald' in 'The great gatsby'.
"In his hand he held a blue cricket-cap with a white chevron on the peak"
- 'Sir Arthur Conan Doyle' has used the cricket in the novel The complete sherlock holmes.
"As if celebrating a victory over everyone, a cricket chirped in a crack"
- To understand the meaning of cricket, please see the following usage by Leo Tolstoy in War and peace.
CRICKET has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "CRICKET": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Drew his arms back, like a cricket"
- This term cricket was used by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow in the Poem The song of hiawatha.
"Save the cricket on the hearth"
- This term cricket was used by John Milton in the Poem Il penseroso.
"Like a cricket, sit i"
- This term cricket was used by Edward Fitzgerald in the Poem Old song.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary