Meaning of COWARD in Hindi
Meaning of coward in Hindi
सपनों का अर्थ
Meaning of COWARD in English
- Borne in the escutcheon with his tail doubled between his legs;
- Destitute of courage; timid; cowardly.
- A person who lacks courage; a timid or pusillanimous person; a poltroon.
- To make timorous; to frighten.
- Belonging to a coward; proceeding from, or expressive of, base fear or timidity.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of COWARD, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word COWARD
"All right, but I warn yeh, he's a coward, said Hagrid."
- The word/phrase 'coward' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone'.
"Coward, said Hermione, though she looked amused."
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the coward in the novel Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince.
"Fight back, you cowardly----- Coward, did you call me, Potter? shouted Snape."
- To understand the meaning of coward, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince.
COWARD has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "COWARD": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Called him coward, Shaugodaya,"
- This term coward was used by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow in the Poem The Song of Hiawatha.
"NO coward soul is mine,"
- This term coward was used by Emily Brontë in the Poem Last Lines.
"I am no coward who could seek in fear"
- This term coward was used by James Elroy Flecker in the Poem No Coward's Song.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें