Meaning of COURTESY in Hindi
Meaning of courtesy in Hindi
- अनुनय(Pr. anunay)
- नम्रता(Pr. namrata namrataa)
- विनय(Pr. vinay winay)
- भद्रता(Pr. bhadrata bhadrataa)
- सौजन्यता(Pr. saujanyata saujanyataa sauzanyata)
- सुशीलता(Pr. sushilata susheelataa)
- कृपा(Pr. kripa kripaa)
- नवाज़ी(Pr. navazi navaazee nawaji)
- शिष्टाचार(Pr. shishtachar shishtaachaar)
- सौजन्य से(Pr. saujany se sauzany se)
- शालीनता(Pr. shalinata shaaleenataa)
- शिष्टता(Pr. shishtata shishtataa)
- शिघ्टाचार(Pr. shightachar shightaachaar)
- सौजन्य(Pr. saujany sauzany)
Meaning of COURTESY in English
- An act of civility or respect; an act of kindness or favor performed with politeness.
- Favor or indulgence, as distinguished from right; as, a title given one by courtesy.
- An act of civility, respect, or reverence, made by women, consisting of a slight depression or dropping of the body, with bending of the knees.
- To treat with civility.
- Politeness; civility; urbanity; courtliness.
- To make a respectful salutation or movement of respect; esp. (with reference to women), to bow the body slightly, with bending of the knes.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of COURTESY, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word COURTESY
"Courtesy dictates that we offer fellow wizards the opportunity of denying us entry."
- The word/phrase 'courtesy' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince'.
"Dumbledore did me the courtesy of calling upon me in my room at the inn."
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the courtesy in the novel Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince.
"It made my master smile; he asked nothing better than that courtesy should stoop less low."
- To understand the meaning of courtesy, please see the following usage by Rabindranath Tagore in The Home And The World.
COURTESY usage in Proverbs/Idioms
COURTESY has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "COURTESY": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Remind me 'tis by courtesy;"
- This term courtesy was used by Coventry Patmore in the Poem The Married Lover.
"With courtesy and etiquette forgot."
- This term courtesy was used by Gaynor Borade in the Poem Undo the Mess!.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें