Meaning of COUNTERFEIT in Hindi
Meaning of counterfeit in Hindi
- जाली(Pr. Jali jaalee zali)
- कल्पित(Pr. Kalpit)
- झूठा(Pr. Jhutha jhoothaa zhutha)
- नकली(Pr. Nakali nakalee)
- कृत्रिम(Pr. Kritrim)
- खोटा(Pr. Khota khotaa)
- कूट करना(Pr. Kut karana koot karanaa)
- नक़ली(Pr. Naqali naqalee nakali)
- कूट लेख(Pr. Kut lekh koot lekh)
- कूटकृत(Pr. Kutakrit kootakrit)
- कुटमुद्रा बनाना(Pr. Kutamudra banana kutamudraa bananaa)
- कूटलेख रचना(Pr. Kutalekh rachana kootalekh rachanaa)
- कपट लेख(Pr. Kapat lekh)
- झूठ(Pr. Jhuth jhooth zhuth)
- खोट(Pr. Khot)
- जालसाजी(Pr. Jalasaji jaalasaajee zalasazi)
- जालसाजी करना(Pr. Jalasaji karana jaalasaajee karanaa zalasazi karana)
- प्रतिरूप करना(Pr. Pratirup karana pratiroop karanaa)
- भेष बदलना(Pr. Bhesh badalana bhesh badalanaa)
- छल करना(Pr. Chhal karana chhal karanaa)
- जाल करना(Pr. Jal karana jaal karanaa zal karana)
- जाली बनाना(Pr. Jali banana jaalee bananaa zali banana)
Meaning of COUNTERFEIT in English
- Representing by imitation or likeness; having a resemblance to something else; portrayed.
- Fabricated in imitation of something else, with a view to defraud by passing the false copy for genuine or original; as, counterfeit antiques; counterfeit coin.
- Assuming the appearance of something; false; spurious; deceitful; hypocritical; as, a counterfeit philanthropist.
- That which resembles or is like another thing; a likeness; a portrait; a counterpart.
- That which is made in imitation of something, with a view to deceive by passing the false for the true; as, the bank note was a counterfeit.
- One who pretends to be what he is not; one who personates another; an impostor; a cheat.
- To imitate, or put on a semblance of; to mimic; as, to counterfeit the voice of another person.
- To imitate with a view to deceiving, by passing the copy for that which is original or genuine; to forge; as, to counterfeit the signature of another, coins, notes, etc.
- To carry on a deception; to dissemble; to feign; to pretend.
- To make counterfeits.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of COUNTERFEIT, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word COUNTERFEIT
"Counterfeit and non-counterfeit banknotes filled moscow and had no value"
- The word/phrase 'counterfeit' was used by 'Leo Tolstoy' in 'War and peace'.
COUNTERFEIT has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "COUNTERFEIT": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Teach light to counterfeit a gloom"
- This term counterfeit was used by John Milton in the Poem Il penseroso.
"Describe adonis, and the counterfeit"
- This term counterfeit was used by William Shakespeare in the Poem Sonnet v.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें