Meaning of COUNTERFEIT in Hindi
Meaning of counterfeit in Hindi
- भेष बदलना(Pr. bhesh badalana bhesh badalanaa)
- जाली(Pr. jali jaalee zali)
- नक़ली(Pr. naqali naqalee nakali)
- छल करना(Pr. chhal karana chhal karanaa)
- जाली बनाना(Pr. jali banana jaalee bananaa zali banana)
- कृत्रिम(Pr. kritrim)
- नकली(Pr. nakali nakalee)
- जालसाजी(Pr. jalasaji jaalasaajee zalasazi)
- जाल करना(Pr. jal karana jaal karanaa zal karana)
- कुटमुद्रा बनाना(Pr. kutamudra banana kutamudraa bananaa)
- कूट करना(Pr. kut karana koot karanaa)
- कूटलेख रचना(Pr. kutalekh rachana kootalekh rachanaa)
- कूटकृत(Pr. kutakrit kootakrit)
- खोटा(Pr. khota khotaa)
- कपट लेख(Pr. kapat lekh)
- कूट लेख(Pr. kut lekh koot lekh)
- झूठ(Pr. jhuth jhooth zhuth)
- प्रतिरूप करना(Pr. pratirup karana pratiroop karanaa)
- कल्पित(Pr. kalpit)
- झूठा(Pr. jhutha jhoothaa zhutha)
- खोट(Pr. khot)
- जालसाजी करना(Pr. jalasaji karana jaalasaajee karanaa zalasazi karana)
Meaning of COUNTERFEIT in English
- One who pretends to be what he is not; one who personates another; an impostor; a cheat.
- To imitate with a view to deceiving, by passing the copy for that which is original or genuine; to forge; as, to counterfeit the signature of another, coins, notes, etc.
- That which resembles or is like another thing; a likeness; a portrait; a counterpart.
- To carry on a deception; to dissemble; to feign; to pretend.
- To make counterfeits.
- Representing by imitation or likeness; having a resemblance to something else; portrayed.
- Fabricated in imitation of something else, with a view to defraud by passing the false copy for genuine or original; as, counterfeit antiques; counterfeit coin.
- That which is made in imitation of something, with a view to deceive by passing the false for the true; as, the bank note was a counterfeit.
- To imitate, or put on a semblance of; to mimic; as, to counterfeit the voice of another person.
- Assuming the appearance of something; false; spurious; deceitful; hypocritical; as, a counterfeit philanthropist.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of COUNTERFEIT, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word COUNTERFEIT
"Counterfeit and non-counterfeit banknotes filled Moscow and had no value."
- The word/phrase 'counterfeit' was used by 'Leo Tolstoy' in 'War and Peace'.
COUNTERFEIT has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "COUNTERFEIT": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Teach light to counterfeit a gloom,"
- This term counterfeit was used by John Milton in the Poem Il Penseroso.
"Describe Adonis, and the counterfeit"
- This term counterfeit was used by William Shakespeare in the Poem Sonnet v.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें