Meaning of COMPANY in Hindi
Meaning of company in Hindi
- कम्पनी(Pr. Kampani kampanee)
- टोली(Pr. Toli tolee)
- जत्था(Pr. Jattha jatthaa zattha)
- मंडली(Pr. Mandali mandalee)
- संगत(Pr. Sangat)
- साथ(Pr. Sath saath)
- कंपनी(Pr. Kanpani kanpanee)
- साथी(Pr. Sathi saathee)
- उद्योग(Pr. Udyog)
- इकाई(Pr. Ekai ekaaee)
- दल(Pr. Dal)
- सहयोगी(Pr. Sahayogi sahayogee)
- अतिथि(Pr. Atithi)
- संग(Pr. Sang)
- जनसमूह(Pr. Janasamuh janasamooh zanasamuh)
- मेहमान(Pr. Mehaman)
- संगति(Pr. Sangati)
- मण्डली(Pr. Mandali mandalee)
- सोहबत(Pr. Sohabat)
- मिलनेवाला(Pr. Milanevala milanevaalaa milanewala)
- साथ रहना(Pr. Sath rahana saath rahanaa)
- साथ कर लेना(Pr. Sath kar lena saath kar lenaa)
- साथ देना(Pr. Sath dena saath denaa)
- साथी होना(Pr. Sathi hona saathee honaa)
Meaning of COMPANY in English
- The state of being a companion or companions; the act of accompanying; fellowship; companionship; society; friendly intercourse.
- A companion or companions.
- An assemblage or association of persons, either permanent or transient.
- Guests or visitors, in distinction from the members of a family; as, to invite company to dine.
- Society, in general; people assembled for social intercourse.
- An association of persons for the purpose of carrying on some enterprise or business; a corporation; a firm; as, the east india company; an insurance company; a joint-stock company.
- Partners in a firm whose names are not mentioned in its style or title;
- A subdivision of a regiment of troops under the command of a captain, numbering in the united states (full strength) 100 men.
- The crew of a ship, including the officers; as, a whole ship's company.
- The body of actors employed in a theater or in the production of a play.
- To accompany or go with; to be companion to.
- To associate.
- To be a gay companion.
- To have sexual commerce.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of COMPANY, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word COMPANY
"The company you keep, weasley"
- The word/phrase 'company' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the chamber of secrets'.
"They couldn't keep me company as humans, so they kept me company as animals, said lupin"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the company in the novel Harry potter and the prisoner of azkaban.
"You, potter, and weasley are out-of-bounds, in the company of a convicted murderer and a werewolf"
- To understand the meaning of company, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the prisoner of azkaban.
COMPANY usage in Proverbs/Idioms
COMPANY has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "COMPANY": Examples from famous English Poetry
"And clash their golden bowls in company"
- This term company was used by James Elroy Flecker in the Poem Hialmar speaks to the raven.
"Your company is soothing"
- This term company was used by Cody Graham in the Poem Love poem.
"Joy to this great company!"
- This term company was used by John Fletcher in the Poem Bridal song.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें