Meaning of COLOR in Hindi
Meaning of color in Hindi
Meaning of COLOR in English
- A property depending on the relations of light to the eye, by which individual and specific differences in the hues and tints of objects are apprehended in vision; as, gay colors; sad colors, etc.
- That which is used to give color; a paint; a pigment; as, oil colors or water colors.
- An apparent right; as where the defendant in trespass gave to the plaintiff an appearance of title, by stating his title specially, thus removing the cause from the jury to the court.
- To change or alter, as if by dyeing or painting; to give a false appearance to; usually, to give a specious appearance to; to cause to appear attractive; to make plausible; to palliate or excuse; as, the facts were colored by his prejudices.
- To hide.
- The hue or color characteristic of good health and spirits; ruddy complexion.
- Shade or variety of character; kind; species.
- Any hue distinguished from white or black.
- That which covers or hides the real character of anything; semblance; excuse; disguise; appearance.
- A distinguishing badge, as a flag or similar symbol (usually in the plural); as, the colors or color of a ship or regiment; the colors of a race horse (that is, of the cap and jacket worn by the jockey).
- To change or alter the hue or tint of, by dyeing, staining, painting, etc.; to dye; to tinge; to paint; to stain.
- To acquire color; to turn red, especially in the face; to blush.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of COLOR, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word COLOR
"A hundred or so tufty little plants, purplish green in color, were growing there in rows."
- The word/phrase 'color' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets'.
"What is Gilderoy Lockhart ' favorite color? 2."
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the color in the novel Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets.
"Tut, tut - hardly any of you remembered that my favorite color is lilac."
- To understand the meaning of color, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets.
COLOR has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "COLOR": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Splashing their canvas with color and dance"
- This term color was used by Jeff Kurfess in the Poem Love Poem.
"And now without you the color is gone"
- This term color was used by J.R. King in the Poem Love Poem.
"A book with color on every page."
- This term color was used by Gaynor Borade in the Poem Singing With the Larks.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें