Meaning of COLLEGE in Hindi
Meaning of college in Hindi
- कालेज की(Pr. kalej ki kaalej kee kalez ki)
- कालेज का(Pr. kalej ka kaalej kaa kalez ka)
- महाविद्यालय(Pr. mahavidyalay mahaavidyaalay mahawidyalay)
- विद्यापीठ(Pr. vidyapith vidyaapeeth widyapith)
- कालेज(Pr. kalej kaalej kalez)
- विद्यालय(Pr. vidyalay vidyaalay widyalay)
- कॉलेज(Pr. kolej kolez)
- गण(Pr. gan)
Meaning of COLLEGE in English
- A collection, body, or society of persons engaged in common pursuits, or having common duties and interests, and sometimes, by charter, peculiar rights and privileges; as, a college of heralds; a college of electors; a college of bishops.
- A society of scholars or friends of learning, incorporated for study or instruction, esp. in the higher branches of knowledge; as, the colleges of Oxford and Cambridge Universities, and many American colleges.
- A building, or number of buildings, used by a college.
- Fig.: A community.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of COLLEGE, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word COLLEGE
"Daisy was my second cousin once removed and I’d known Tom in college."
- The word/phrase 'college' was used by 'F. Scott Fitzgerald' in 'The Great Gatsby'.
"You know Oggsford College?’ I’ve heard of it."
- 'F. Scott Fitzgerald' has used the college in the novel The Great Gatsby.
"Are you a college man?’ he inquired suddenly."
- To understand the meaning of college, please see the following usage by F. Scott Fitzgerald in The Great Gatsby.
COLLEGE has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "COLLEGE": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Two scholars, whom at college erst he knew,"
- This term college was used by Matthew Arnold in the Poem The Scholar-Gipsy.
- This term college was used by David St. Charles in the Poem Endless - Poem.
"I am a college student and if you listen- You just might save the U."
- This term college was used by leanna gazay in the Poem A Matter of Security.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें