Meaning of CLUNG in Hindi
There are no hindi meanings for the "CLUNG" in our English Hindi Dictionary.
Meaning of CLUNG in English
- Of cling
- Imp. & p. p. of cling.
- Wasted away; shrunken.
- Im & im & of cling.
wasted away; shrunke
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of CLUNG, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word CLUNG
"The prone shadows with their out-stretched arms clung to the feet of the hurrying light"
- The word/phrase 'clung' was used by 'Rabindranath Tagore' in 'The gardener'.
"He was sweating and his shirt clung to his back"
- 'Mario Vargas Llosa' has used the clung in the novel Who killed palomino molero.
"Ice-coated starlings clung to branches drooping with snow"
- To understand the meaning of clung, please see the following usage by Toni Morrison in A mercy.
Usage of "CLUNG": Examples from famous English Poetry
"That clung to them and smiled"
- This term clung was used by Thomas Babington Macaulay, Lord Macaulay in the Poem Horatius.
"This is a spray the bird clung to"
- This term clung was used by Robert Browning in the Poem Misconceptions.
"Maidens clung in circle, on little fists their chins;"
- This term clung was used by George Meredith in the Poem Phoebus with admetus.
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary