Meaning of CLOWN in Hindi
Meaning of clown in Hindi
- मसखरा(Pr. Masakhara masakharaa)
- गंवार(Pr. Ganvar ganvaar ganwar)
- भांड(Pr. Bhand bhaand)
- उजड्ड(Pr. Ujadd uzadd)
- विदूषक(Pr. Vidushak vidooshak widushak)
- गँवार(Pr. Ganvar ganvaar ganwar)
- मूर्खतापूर्ण व्यवहार करना(Pr. Murkhatapurn vyavahar karana moorkhataapoorn vyavahaar karanaa murkhatapurn wyawahar karana)
- मसखरी करना(Pr. Masakhari karana masakharee karanaa)
- भाण्ड(Pr. Bhand)
Meaning of CLOWN in English
- A man of coarse nature and manners; an awkward fellow; an ill-bred person; a boor.
- One who works upon the soil; a rustic; a churl.
- The fool or buffoon in a play, circus, etc.
- To act as a clown;
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of CLOWN, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word CLOWN
"Yet the clown stood up and laughed till he laughed no more"
- The word/phrase 'clown' was used by 'Rabindranath Tagore' in 'The fugitive'.
- 'George Eliot' has used the clown in the novel Middlemarch.
"The clown dimmler and the lady nikolai opened the dance"
- To understand the meaning of clown, please see the following usage by Leo Tolstoy in War and peace.
CLOWN usage in Proverbs/Idioms
CLOWN has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "CLOWN": Examples from famous English Poetry
"In ancient days by emperor and clown"
- This term clown was used by John Keats in the Poem Ode to a nightingale.
"I listened to the hunger-hearted clown"
- This term clown was used by James Elroy Flecker in the Poem Pavlovna in london.
"Like ape or clown, in monstrous garb"
- This term clown was used by Oscar Wilde in the Poem The ballad of reading gaol.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary