Meaning of CIVIL in Hindi
Meaning of civil in Hindi
- असैन्य asainy
- नागर nagar naagar
- सविनय savinay sawinay
- व्यावहारिक कार्य vyavaharik kary vyaavahaarik kaary wyawaharik kary
- देशीय deshiy desheey
- नगर या राष्ट्र का nagar ya rashtr ka nagar yaa raashtr kaa
- असैनिक asainik
- नागरिक nagarik naagarik
- शिष्ट shisht
- वैधानिक vaidhanik waidhanik
- सुशील sushil susheel
- सिविल न्यायालय sivil nyayalay sivil nyaayaalay siwil nyayalay
- दीवानी divani deevanee diwani
- नम्र namr
- सभ्य sabhy
- आपस की aapas ki aapas kee
- भीतरी bhitari bheetaree
- राजनैतिक rajanaitik raajanaitik razanaitik
- सिविल sivil siwil
- व्यवहार अभियोग vyavahar abhiyog vyavahaar abhiyog wyawahar abhiyog
- घरेलू gharelu ghareloo
सपनों का अर्थ
Meaning of CIVIL in English
- Pertaining to a city or state, or to a citizen in his relations to his fellow citizens or to the state; within the city or state.
- Performing the duties of a citizen; obedient to government;
- Pertaining to civic life and affairs, in distinction from military, ecclesiastical, or official state.
- Subject to government; reduced to order; civilized; not barbarous;
- Having the manners of one dwelling in a city, as opposed to those of savages or rustics; polite; courteous; complaisant; affable.
- Relating to rights and remedies sought by action or suit distinct from criminal proceedings.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of CIVIL, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word CIVIL
"The badge of the civil and staid I'll tear into shreds for the nonce."
- The word/phrase 'civil' was used by 'Rabindranath Tagore' in 'The Gardener'.
"They thought the Guardia Civil was a half-breed outfit they could look down on."
- 'Mario Vargas Llosa' has used the civil in the novel Who Killed Palomino Molero.
"They’re saying the Guardia Civil isn’t doing its job because important people are involved."
- To understand the meaning of civil, please see the following usage by Mario Vargas Llosa in Who Killed Palomino Molero.
CIVIL usage in Proverbs/Idioms
CIVIL has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "CIVIL": Examples from famous English Poetry
"What field of all the civil war"
- This term civil was used by Andrew Marvell in the Poem An Horatian Ode upon Cromwell's Return from Ireland.
"Almost at civil war—"
- This term civil was used by Thomas Randolph in the Poem An Ode to Master Anthony Stafford.
"Till civil-suited Morn appeer,"
- This term civil was used by John Milton in the Poem Il Penseroso.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें