Meaning of CIVIL in Hindi
Meaning of civil in Hindi
- राजनैतिक(Pr. Rajanaitik raajanaitik razanaitik)
- सभ्य(Pr. Sabhy)
- शिष्ट(Pr. Shisht)
- सविनय(Pr. Savinay sawinay)
- सुशील(Pr. Sushil susheel)
- देशीय(Pr. Deshiy desheey)
- नगर या राष्ट्र का(Pr. Nagar ya rashtr ka nagar yaa raashtr kaa)
- भीतरी(Pr. Bhitari bheetaree)
- घरेलू(Pr. Gharelu ghareloo)
- आपस की(Pr. Aapas ki aapas kee)
- दीवानी(Pr. Divani deevanee diwani)
- असैनिक(Pr. Asainik)
- सिविल(Pr. Sivil siwil)
- नागरिक(Pr. Nagarik naagarik)
- नागर(Pr. Nagar naagar)
- असैन्य(Pr. Asainy)
- नम्र(Pr. Namr)
- व्यवहार अभियोग(Pr. Vyavahar abhiyog vyavahaar abhiyog wyawahar abhiyog)
- सिविल न्यायालय(Pr. Sivil nyayalay sivil nyaayaalay siwil nyayalay)
- व्यावहारिक कार्य(Pr. Vyavaharik kary vyaavahaarik kaary wyawaharik kary)
- वैधानिक(Pr. Vaidhanik waidhanik)
Meaning of CIVIL in English
- Pertaining to a city or state, or to a citizen in his relations to his fellow citizens or to the state; within the city or state.
- Subject to government; reduced to order; civilized; not barbarous;
- Performing the duties of a citizen; obedient to government;
- Having the manners of one dwelling in a city, as opposed to those of savages or rustics; polite; courteous; complaisant; affable.
- Pertaining to civic life and affairs, in distinction from military, ecclesiastical, or official state.
- Relating to rights and remedies sought by action or suit distinct from criminal proceedings.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of CIVIL, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word CIVIL
"The badge of the civil and staid i'll tear into shreds for the nonce"
- The word/phrase 'civil' was used by 'Rabindranath Tagore' in 'The gardener'.
"They thought the guardia civil was a half-breed outfit they could look down on"
- 'Mario Vargas Llosa' has used the civil in the novel Who killed palomino molero.
"They’re saying the guardia civil isn’t doing its job because important people are involved"
- To understand the meaning of civil, please see the following usage by Mario Vargas Llosa in Who killed palomino molero.
CIVIL usage in Proverbs/Idioms
CIVIL has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "CIVIL": Examples from famous English Poetry
"What field of all the civil war"
- This term civil was used by Andrew Marvell in the Poem An horatian ode upon cromwell's return from ireland.
"Almost at civil war—"
- This term civil was used by Thomas Randolph in the Poem An ode to master anthony stafford.
"Till civil-suited morn appeer"
- This term civil was used by John Milton in the Poem Il penseroso.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary