Meaning of CHARITY in Hindi
Meaning of charity in Hindi
- दान(Pr. Dan)
- पुण्य(Pr. Puny)
- उपकार(Pr. Upakar upakaar)
- उदारता(Pr. Udarata udaarataa)
- करुणा(Pr. Karuna karunaa)
- दयालुता(Pr. Dayaluta dayaalutaa)
- दया(Pr. Daya dayaa)
- परोपकार(Pr. Paropakar paropakaar)
- धर्मार्थ(Pr. Dharmarth dharmaarth)
- खैरात(Pr. Khairat khairaat)
- धर्मार्थ संगठन(Pr. Dharmarth sangathan dharmaarth sangathan)
- दातव्य(Pr. Datavy daatavy datawy)
- दानधर्म(Pr. Danadharm)
- धर्मदान(Pr. Dharmadan)
- पूर्त कार्य (दान)(Pr. Purt kary (dan) poort kaary (dan))
- प्रेम(Pr. Prem)
- दीनवत्सलता(Pr. Dinavatsalata deenavatsalataa dinawatsalata)
- पर्वू कार्य(Pr. Parvu kary parvoo kaary parwu kary)
- हितैषिता(Pr. Hitaishita hitaishitaa)
Meaning of CHARITY in English
- Love; universal benevolence; good will.
- Liberality in judging of men and their actions; a disposition which inclines men to put the best construction on the words and actions of others.
- Liberality to the poor and the suffering, to benevolent institutions, or to worthy causes; generosity.
- Whatever is bestowed gratuitously on the needy or suffering for their relief; alms; any act of kindness.
- A charitable institution, or a gift to create and support such an institution; as, lady margaret's charity.
- Eleemosynary appointments [grants or devises] including relief of the poor or friendless, education, religious culture, and public institutions.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of CHARITY, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word CHARITY
"Charity burbage revolved to face snape again"
- The word/phrase 'charity' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the deathly hallows'.
"For the third time, charity burbage revolved to face snape"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the charity in the novel Harry potter and the deathly hallows.
"Charity fell, with resounding crash, onto the table below, which trembled and creaked"
- To understand the meaning of charity, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the deathly hallows.
CHARITY usage in Proverbs/Idioms
CHARITY has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "CHARITY": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Of christian charity"
- This term charity was used by Thomas Hood in the Poem The bridge of sighs.
"And in charity-meetings it stands at the door"
- This term charity was used by Lewis Carroll in the Poem The hunting of the snark.
"In your love is the charity of spring"
- This term charity was used by Miss Hamilton.By Cornelius Lyons. Sequenced at
Ancient Music of
Ireland. in the Poem Blessings are the things we take for granted.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary