Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of CELEBRATE, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word CELEBRATE
"We've had precious little to celebrate for eleven years"
- The word/phrase 'celebrate' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone'.
"We are gathered here today to celebrate the union of two faithful souls"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the celebrate in the novel Harry potter and the deathly hallows.
"He was expected home the same night to celebrate his success"
- To understand the meaning of celebrate, please see the following usage by Gustave Flaubert in Madame bovary.
CELEBRATE usage in Proverbs/Idioms
CELEBRATE has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "CELEBRATE": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Celebrate its feelings"
- This term celebrate was used by Chris Todd in the Poem Love poem.
"To celebrate with me"
- This term celebrate was used by Brynne S. in the Poem Love poem.
"And ask to celebrate my birth"
- This term celebrate was used by Matthew Prior in the Poem On my birthday, july 21.