Meaning of CARAVAN in Hindi
Meaning of caravan in Hindi
Meaning of CARAVAN in English
- A large, covered wagon, or a train of such wagons, for conveying wild beasts, etc., for exhibition; an itinerant show, as of wild beasts.
- A covered vehicle for carrying passengers or for moving furniture, etc.;
- A company of travelers, pilgrims, or merchants, organized and equipped for a long journey, or marching or traveling together, esp. through deserts and countries infested by robbers or hostile tribes, as in asia or africa.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of CARAVAN, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word CARAVAN
"He thought the beauxbatons caravan was likely to be pretty chilly too"
- The word/phrase 'caravan' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the goblet of fire'.
"To-day the police traced them down and examined their caravan"
- 'Sir Arthur Conan Doyle' has used the caravan in the novel The complete sherlock holmes.
CARAVAN usage in Proverbs/Idioms
CARAVAN has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "CARAVAN": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Whence the long dusty caravan"
- This term caravan was used by Oscar Wilde in the Poem Ave imperatrix.
"And lo!—the phantom caravan has reach'd"
- This term caravan was used by Edward Fitzgerald in the Poem The rubáiyát of omar khayyám.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary