Meaning of CANVAS in Hindi
Meaning of canvas in Hindi
Meaning of CANVAS in English
- A strong cloth made of hemp, flax, or cotton;
- Something for which canvas is used: (a) A sail, or a collection of sails. (b) A tent, or a collection of tents. (c) A painting, or a picture on canvas.
- Made of, pertaining to, or resembling, canvas or coarse cloth; as, a canvas tent.
- A coarse cloth so woven as to form regular meshes for working with the needle, as in tapestry, or worsted work.
- A piece of strong cloth of which the surface has been prepared to receive painting, commonly painting in oil.
- A rough draft or model of a song, air, or other literary or musical composition; esp. one to show a poet the measure of the verses he is to make.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of CANVAS, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word CANVAS
"The tent emerged in lumpy mass of canvas, rope, and poles."
- The word/phrase 'canvas' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows'.
"For the man who paints must have canvas, brush and colour-box."
- 'Rabindranath Tagore' has used the canvas in the novel Sadhana.
"The face of Stapleton had sprung out of the canvas."
- To understand the meaning of canvas, please see the following usage by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle in The complete Sherlock Holmes.
CANVAS has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "CANVAS": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Splashing their canvas with color and dance"
- This term canvas was used by Jeff Kurfess in the Poem Love Poem.
"They stripped him of his canvas clothes,"
- This term canvas was used by Oscar Wilde in the Poem The Ballad of Reading Gaol.
"A frame over which canvas spreads,"
- This term canvas was used by Shay Baker in the Poem The Painter - Poem.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें