Meaning of BRAND in Hindi
Meaning of brand in Hindi
- जली हुई लकडी(Pr. Jali hui lakadi jalee huee lakadee zali hui lakadi)
- तलवार(Pr. Talavar talavaar talawar)
- दाग(Pr. Dag daag)
- छाप(Pr. Chhap chhaap)
- सौदागरों का चिह्न(Pr. Saudagaron ka chihn saudaagaron kaa chihn)
- कलंक का टीका(Pr. Kalank ka tika kalank kaa teekaa)
- प्रकार(Pr. Prakar prakaar)
- चिन्ह(Pr. Chinh)
- ट्रेडमार्क(Pr. Tredamark tredamaark)
- ब्रैंड(Pr. Braind)
- ब्राण्ड(Pr. Brand)
- मार्का(Pr. Marka maarkaa)
- क़िस्म(Pr. Qism kism)
- लुआठा(Pr. Luatha luaathaa)
- दागने का लोहा(Pr. Dagane ka loha daagane kaa lohaa)
- दाहांक(Pr. Dahank dahaank)
- दाहांकित करना(Pr. Dahankit karana dahaankit karanaa)
- फलक लगाना(Pr. Phalak lagana phalak laganaa falak lagana)
- जली हुई लकड़ी(Pr. Jali hui lakadi jalee huee lakadee zali hui lakadi)
- ताप्तांकित करना(Pr. Taptankit karana taaptaankit karanaa)
- गरम लोहे से जलाना(Pr. Garam lohe se jalana garam lohe se jalanaa garam lohe se zalana)
- चिह्न बनाना(Pr. Chihn banana chihn bananaa)
- कलंक लगाना(Pr. Kalank lagana kalank laganaa)
- दागना(Pr. Dagana daaganaa)
- मन में बैठाना(Pr. Man men baithana man men baithanaa)
- अंक(Pr. Ank)
Meaning of BRAND in English
- A burning piece of wood; or a stick or piece of wood partly burnt, whether burning or after the fire is extinct.
- A sword, so called from its glittering or flashing brightness.
- A mark made by burning with a hot iron, as upon a cask, to designate the quality, manufacturer, etc., of the contents, or upon an animal, to designate ownership;
- A mark put upon criminals with a hot iron. hence: any mark of infamy or vice; a stigma.
- An instrument to brand with; a branding iron.
- Any minute fungus which produces a burnt appearance in plants. the brands are of many species and several genera of the order pucciniaei.
- To burn a distinctive mark into or upon with a hot iron, to indicate quality, ownership, etc., or to mark as infamous (as a convict).
- To put an actual distinctive mark upon in any other way, as with a stencil, to show quality of contents, name of manufacture, etc.
- Fig.: to fix a mark of infamy, or a stigma, upon.
- To mark or impress indelibly, as with a hot iron.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of BRAND, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word BRAND
"That evening, dudley paraded around the living room for the family in his brand-new uniform"
- The word/phrase 'brand' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone'.
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the brand in the novel Harry potter and the prisoner of azkaban.
"He pressed his long white forefinger to the brand on wormtail's arm"
- To understand the meaning of brand, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the goblet of fire.
BRAND has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "BRAND": Examples from famous English Poetry
"His brand, his bow, let no man fear"
- This term brand was used by Thomas Carew in the Poem Another epitaph.
"Through the door a burning fire-brand;"
- This term brand was used by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow in the Poem The song of hiawatha.
"Girt with the brand none else may wield"
- This term brand was used by Thomas Babington Macaulay, Lord Macaulay in the Poem Horatius.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary